Brex/Expensify - does feed work well?

ScottP
ScottP Expensify Customer Posts: 3

Thinking of moving to Brex from a larger bank. I currently have VCF feed, and it works great. A little concerned that Brex feed will be a pain, given some of the issues that were announced initially (only sees cards that have had charges in last 5 days, might need to logon/logoff to refresh connection, etc).

Does anyone have experience with the feed? Also, have these initial issues been solved?

Answers

• bmyers
    bmyers Expensify Customer Posts: 5 Expensify Newcomer

We are using Brex. Generally, I'm happy with it - now. The initial set up was a bit rough - I messed up with the first card I set up with Brex (card was issued to me, but I put the president of the company's name on it. Pro-tip - set up with Brex for yourself first and make sure you don't mix names and email addresses. The Brex feed will route through the cardholder's work email to their expensify account.

Overall, I'm happy with Brex. The feed is importing properly now (18 employees across 3 different QB files and Policies. I just ran into an issue today with expense reports not importing to QB desktop, but I think it's a configuration issue on the QB side - time will tell on that.

When it works, it works very well. When it doesn't it can be a bit aggravating, but generally logging into Brex through the company card module withing domain control and forcing the synch will make things work.

I will also say that I've found Brex to be far more responsive and knowledgeable than Amex and other 'titans' of business credit cards.

Hope this helps.

• ScottP

Thanks! This is really helpful. With my current card, it is VCF feed, so I do not need to worry about it at all. But agree Brex seems like it has good service.

Do you need to wait until there is a charge to import the Brex card to Expensify?

Anyone else using the Brex/Expensify feed?

• Eric_905
    Eric_905 Expensify Customer Posts: 2 Expensify Newcomer

We started using Brex a month ago. There have been issues with the sync - either charges not coming over at all, or duplicates. Brex has been very responsive and good in communication. Brex has communicated now that the sync issues should be fixed, but we have not had time to verify that.

The issue seems to be more on Expensify's side though, and of course, Expensify's support is not helpful.

• Sheena Trepanier
    Sheena Trepanier Expensify Team, Approved! Accountant, Expensify Student Ambassador Posts: 1,362 Expensify Team

@ScottP - the Brex connection is one that relies on credentials and an API to work properly. It also has the risk that issues from either end of that connection could crop up. We've run into some rough patches that we're working to iron out and the stability of the connection is increasing each day.

The VCF and other commercial feeds (MasterCard and Amex) are still the preferred connection option that we recommend. The feeds are simply a more stable option and if issues do occur, it's typically much easier for our team to resolve them as MasterCard, Visa and Amex are very communicative and easy to work with.

• ScottP

Thanks Sheena! Can I get commercial feed for Brex? If not, are they working on one.

This is important to get this right before I switch cards.

• Sheena Trepanier
    Sheena Trepanier Expensify Team, Approved! Accountant, Expensify Student Ambassador Posts: 1,362 Expensify Team

Hi @ScottP, thanks for bearing with me. After discussing this a bit more with my team we weren't able to find any hints or plans from Brex signaling their accounts would be eligible for a commercial feed. This is a question better posed to them since they'd have their roadmap in front of them while we're in the dark a bit.

That being said, I just wanted to make sure you saw our announcement this morning, here. It's another option to consider, one that provides some stellar in-product usability benefits, and real time transactions are pretty nice too.

Have a lovely day!