We are currently experiencing higher than normal support inquiries and response times. The Community is here to support you as well so please help each other out when you can. Please visit our status page to subscribe to updates.

Treating company settled credit card transactions

RParsonsRParsons Posts: 1Expensify Customer

Hi

Our current setup is that company settled CC transactions import to xero on a balance sheet CC account (and only in the CC account).

I want to get this setup so that xero will create the corresponding expense and liability but a little unsure how to do this, I'm new to this system so my knowledge at the moment is a little lacking.

Any advice greatly received

Thanks

Richard

Answers

• Nicole TrepanierNicole Trepanier Expensify Success Coach Posts: 699Expensify Success Coach - Admin Expensify Success Coach

Hi @RParsons. When you export credit card expenses to Xero, they will hit the bank type account selected in your configuration and each expense will also post to the Expense type GL account selected as a category. If you wish to have these post to liability accounts, you would need to check the "Show in expense claims" box on the account in Xero. This will pull it in as a category and allow you to select it in Expensify. Let me know if you have any questions!