We're experiencing abnormally high support volume that has created a backlog delaying our responsiveness. Please visit our status page for more details and to subscribe to updates.

Help? Change Credit card import from personal card to business card connection?

JPHJPH Posts: 1Expensify Customer

I set up some credit card imports several months ago and I don't know if I set them up wrong or what, but I'm wanting them to be business card imports instead of personal card imports. Is there a way to change it? I'm guessing I can delete the personal and then add it new as a business. How far back will it import when I add it as a new business card import? I'm worried about losing expenses that have already been imported if I delete the personal card and add a new business card.

Answers

• Nicole TrepanierNicole Trepanier Posts: 784Expensify Success Coach - Admin Expensify Team

Hi @JPH! Just to make sure we're on the same page, are you looking to connect these using our company card feature to assign each card to an individual user or just move from the personal connection to the business connection option in your account settings?

When you remove a card, all unsubmitted expenses are deleted. Most cards average up to 30 days of previous transactions when you import but this can vary by bank. Using the company card feature, you have the option to set a date that you want the import to start as long as it's within the banks limits. What I recommend is to submit all expenses up to a specific date, then, when you import the cards via Domain Control using the Company Card feature, you can select the following day to have new expenses start importing.

Let me know if you have any questions!

• g_oKimberleyWildg_oKimberleyWild Posts: 4Expensify Customer

This is a little off-topic but relates to importing transactions when a feed isn't possible. Would it be possible for there to be an option to "lock" these transactions as they are when they come through a feed.

We're having issues where we import - which works great for us in a couple of situations - but then the transactiosn are hard to distinguish from a routine smart scan.

Having an option to lock transactions on import would be sensational.

• Katie OswaltKatie Oswalt Posts: 105Expensify Success Coach - Admin Expensify Team

Hello @g_oKimberleyWild ! I'm not sure if I completely understand your question, but transactions can be noted clearly by the icon next to them.

• The lock and card icon denotes that the transaction came directly from the company card feed (from a card managed in Domain Control)
    • The card icon denotes that the transaction came directly from a personal card (imported in a user's Account settings)
    • The cash icon denotes a SmartScanned expense (or manually created expense) that has not merged with any card transaction. Once it has merged, it will take on the icon of the related card expense.

Does that help to answer your question? If I misunderstood, let me know and I can try my best to answer with more clarification!

• g_oKimberleyWildg_oKimberleyWild Posts: 4Expensify Customer

Thanks katie, our situation is that we can't use a feed for one of our sets of transactions so we import them using a spreadsheet, these appear with the cash icon, but for our purposes it would be great if there were a different icon or even the option to lock these transactions when they're imported.

• Cortney OfstadCortney Ofstad Posts: 62Expensify Success Coach - Admin Expensify Team

Thanks for responding and providing additional clarification! Having a different icon for expenses uploaded via CSV is something our team is actually working on, and should be rolling out soon!

Keep an eye out for that in the next coming weeks, and thanks again for reaching out!

• PsphilippePsphilippe Posts: 1Expensify Customer Expensify Newcomer