We are currently experiencing higher than normal support inquiries and response times. The Community is here to support you as well so please help each other out when you can. Please visit our status page to subscribe to updates.

Help? Change Credit card import from personal card to business card connection?

JPHJPH Posts: 1Expensify Customer

I set up some credit card imports several months ago and I don't know if I set them up wrong or what, but I'm wanting them to be business card imports instead of personal card imports. Is there a way to change it? I'm guessing I can delete the personal and then add it new as a business. How far back will it import when I add it as a new business card import? I'm worried about losing expenses that have already been imported if I delete the personal card and add a new business card.

Answers

• Nicole TrepanierNicole Trepanier Expensify Success Coach Posts: 699Expensify Success Coach - Admin Expensify Success Coach

Hi @JPH! Just to make sure we're on the same page, are you looking to connect these using our company card feature to assign each card to an individual user or just move from the personal connection to the business connection option in your account settings?

When you remove a card, all unsubmitted expenses are deleted. Most cards average up to 30 days of previous transactions when you import but this can vary by bank. Using the company card feature, you have the option to set a date that you want the import to start as long as it's within the banks limits. What I recommend is to submit all expenses up to a specific date, then, when you import the cards via Domain Control using the Company Card feature, you can select the following day to have new expenses start importing.

Let me know if you have any questions!