We are currently experiencing higher than normal support inquiries and response times. The Community is here to support you as well so please help each other out when you can. Please visit our status page to subscribe to updates.

Can someone help me resolve problem with entering merchant info on iphone app?

cherylwvcherylwv Posts: 1Expensify Customer

My merchant info is not saving when I enter in the merchant's name. It looks like it saves but then when I go to the expense report the only thing showing up is a period in place of where I had entered the merchant name. I then reenter the merchant name and save it and this time it does have it. Very strange as well as very frustrating because I have to enter the merchant name save and the reopen it in the report and enter it again and save.

Help!

Best Answer

• Ted PeetersTed Peeters Expensify Success Coach Posts: 308 Expensify Success Coach
    Accepted Answer

Hi @cherylwv - would you mind checking on the web to see if you have any Expense Rules set-up to change your merchant names to just "." - this is actually quite a common mistake people make when trying to set a blanket Expense Rule up and they accidentally set everything to be a period, when the period itself is supposed to be used to signify a blanket Rule.