Expensify.org/hunger SNAP campaign status (updated April 3, 2020) 

The number of families signing up for reimbursement has vastly outnumbered the limited funds available. Though we’re unable to provide a specific timeline on when your report will be reimbursed, we’re doing our best to drive donations and keep our fund moving forward. Rest assured, we’ll review every report that’s submitted per our instructions. 

Thanks for your patience! 

Bank feed frequency and admin controls

Jacob_Vogel123Jacob_Vogel123 Expensify Customer Posts: 6 Expensify Newcomer

Hi there,

I have noticed some potential areas of improvement for Expensify.

1. Bank Feed frequency - If possible, please update the frequency in which bank feeds update. Currently, there is nearly a week long delay for transaction imports. This prevents our accounting team from managing these expenses in a timely manner.
  2. Copilot access - Please give admins copilot access by default for accounts that are assigned company cards. I have spoken with technical support many times regarding this matter, and the reasoning has never quite made sense. Expensify should distinguish between a personal and business account from the start to eliminate concerns of admin overreach into one's personal data.
  3. User-specific Controls - Please allow admins to set controls on a user-by-user basis. I have users that work in separate departments, and thus, need access to different expense categories and classes. I have worked around this issue by creating a new policy for different user types, however, it would be nice if I could do this all within one policy. Another user-specific control that would be useful would be the ability to change approval settings, especially for admins. If self-approval is turned off in a policy, admins aren't able to approve their own expense reports. Again, the work around would be to create a new policy, however, this solution is not ideal.

Thanks,

Jacob

5 votes

Gathering use cases · Last Updated

Comments

• Jacob_Vogel123Jacob_Vogel123 Expensify Customer Posts: 6 Expensify Newcomer

Oh also,

It would be nice if we could create an alias for Expense Categories. Our expense categories are the same as they appear in our COA in order to maintain the integrity of the mappings to QBO. To some of our users, this may create confusion.

It would be preferred if we could create a simplified alias for our normal users.

For example, instead of "COGS - Production:Beer - Production - COGS:Buy Back OOC" which is an account we use for product buy-backs that credits our COGS account, an alias of "Product Buy-back" would be less intimidating for the average user.

• JuliaJulia Expensify Customer Posts: 198 Expensify Pro

As a long standing enterprise user of the Expensify product, I wholeheartedly agree with ALL OF THIS. The Co Pilot comment especially. It is a drum I have beaten so hard that I might have broken it.

I agree that their methodology behind why they can't implement it doesn't make sense. Its frustrating that they cater to individuals (who typically use the free or less expensive subscription option)more than their business customers who are probably the bulk of where their revenue comes from.

• Jacob_Vogel123Jacob_Vogel123 Expensify Customer Posts: 6 Expensify Newcomer

Believe me, I've made some pretty emotionally-charged posts on here before expressing my feelings about the Copilot settings. I almost switched to another system entirely because of this issue alone.

It makes no sense, and unfortunately, it doesn't seem like the Expensify team cares to resolve this 😑