Are you receiving SNAP/EBT benefits? The Expensify.org/SNAP-VAX campaign is live and accepting new members. Learn more about receiving $50 for submitting a SNAP receipt and $50 for getting your COVID-19 vaccine here and join today!
How-to: Set up multiple taxes on indirect connections
Sometimes, expenses have more than one tax applied to them. In Canada, for example, expenses can have both a Federal GST and a provincial PST or QST. Expensify has a special method for handling these by creating a single tax that combines both taxes into a single effective tax rate. This can be applied to any Individual or Group policy.
To set up multiple taxes for your indirect connection, follow these steps:
- Navigate to Settings > Policies > Individual or Group > [Policy Name] > Tax.
- Add your tax rates. If you need additional tax rates, click "New Option".
- If you have a multiple tax scenario, combine these into a single tax rate. For example, if you have a GST of 5% and PST of 7%, adding the two tax rates together gives you the effective tax rate of 12%:
Now you've got your multiple tax set up!
Multiple Tax Export
You can then export reports using the Multiple Tax Export from the Reports page on a browser. Click Export to > Tax Report. Expensify will generate a CSV containing all the expense information, including the split out taxes.
- How-to: Enable Tax Tracking
- How To: Apply simple tax to expenses
- How-to: Export tax
- How-to: Apply complex tax to expenses