Advanced approval workflow with category and dollar threshold

Krina
Krina Expensify Customer Posts: 1

Hi, we are currently Expensify users and are looking for an advanced approval workflow process with dollar and category thresholds.

As an example, I submit a meal charge under the T&E expense category which needs to go to the accounts payable for review and approval and ends there.

Then I submit an expense under the Markets category for purchases from Home Depot for $50 which also needs to go to accounts payable for review and approval and ends there.

In the third instance I go to Home Depot under the Propagation category for $200 purchase from Home Depot which needs to be routed to the Propagation manager for review and approval and then routed to accounts payable for final approval.

Is it possible to have multiple workflows defined by category, department and dollar thresholds in Expensify? Is there an advanced version of Expensify we can subscribe to for this functionality?

Thank you.

Answers

• Sophie_Pinto
    Sophie_Pinto Expensify Customer, Expensify Team, Expensify Student Ambassador Posts: 133 Expensify Team

Hi @Krina! At this stage it's not possible to have an advanced approval based on departments or categories. You can set up layers using people and amounts (take a look at some other examples of this in the community here, here and here) so you could have expenses over $300 go to Manager 1 and under $300 to Manager 2.

Alternatively, we have a couple of help articles that dive into this a little more

Once you've taken a look through, feel free to come back with any questions you might have!