FAQ - ExpensiError QBO088: Error Creating Vendor
ExpensiError QBO088: Error Creating Vendor, "A vendor with the same name already exists in QuickBooks Online", means you have an Employee Record set up with the employee's name, which prevents the Expensify integration from automatically creating the Vendor Record with the same name, since QuickBooks Online won't allow you to have an employee and vendor with the same name.
You can access the Employee Records for your submitters in QBO and edit the name to differentiate them from the name they have on their account in Expensify, then sync your connection in Expensify via Settings > Policies > [policy name] > Connections > Sync Now (under QBO). Finally, try exporting your report(s) again, at which point we should be able to successfully create the associated vendor(s).
Alternatively, you can create all of your Vendor Records manually, making sure that the email matches the email address associated with the user in Expensify.
In this case, we recommend disabling Automatically Create Entities under Settings > Policies > [policy name] > Connections > Configure > Advanced, so that you will receive the correct error messages when a vendor record doesn't exist.
- FAQ - QuickBooks Desktop: The Wrong QuickBooks Company is Open
- FAQ - QuickBooks Desktop: Please Close Any Dialog Boxes Open Within QuickBooks
- FAQ - QuickBooks Online: Where Can I Find My Expenses?
- FAQ - QuickBooks Online: Your Payee is Showing as 'Credit Card Misc.'
- FAQ - QuickBooks Online: Why Can't I Export Without a Category Selected?
- FAQ - QuickBooks Online: Exporting Negative Expenses
- How-to: 3-way connection with Bill.com and QBO, Sage Intacct, Xero, NetSuite
- Deep Dive: Expensify Card and QuickBooks Online Auto-Reconciliation: How it works!