Multiple trips one map

GregK5224GregK5224 Posts: 4Expensify Customer

We have had a lot of requests amongst our group to add a feature that shows your daily trips on one map as opposed to multiple maps for each trips on each day. We typically have 3 stops on average and it would be nice to see all these trips on one daily map.

1 votes

Gathering use cases · Last Updated

Comments

• Christina DobryzynskiChristina Dobryzynski Posts: 85Expensify Team Expensify Success Coach

Welcome to the ExpensifyCommunity, @GregK5224!

There is currently a way to add multiple destinations through the Expensify web app. To do this you'll sign-in to the web app, click Expenses > New Expense > Create from Map > Add Destination. This will allow you to build out the multiple locations on a single report. This option is only available on the web app.

If this isn't what you're after, will you tell me a little more about what would benefit your team? Thanks!

• GregK5224GregK5224 Posts: 4Expensify Customer

Christina,

Thank you, but we are looking for more of a GPS through the phone app where we can start, stop kind of action and have one map show us our trips for the day. This way would help, but it would require our guys to keep a log and then enter through the website at the end of the day. I will mention this as an alternative, but we are looking for something that requires less steps and simplifies it for the team.

Greg

• Nicole MendoncaNicole Mendonca Posts: 15Expensify Customer, Expensify Team Expensify Success Coach

@GregK5224 have you checked out our GPS option on the mobile app? While you can't click "Stop" mid-trip, it does run off GPS functionality so would only track when the car is actually moving.

Take a look and let me know if you think it would be helpful for your employees!

Nicole,

Yes, our team uses GPS on a daily basis. My question or suggestion is, how do we get one map showing multiple trips for one day on one map as opposed to seeing multiple maps for one day. With GPS since we have to start and stop at each meeting, it creates a map for each trip. We would like it if we could see our entire day stored on one map.

Greg

• Rachael HopkinsRachael Hopkins Posts: 979Expensify Success Coach - Admin, Expensify Team Expensify Success Coach

Hi @GregK5224

Can you fill me in on how you would utilise this kind of expense? We're just having a little trouble understanding how this fits into your expense management processes.

I look forward to hearing from you!

Rachael,

Looking for multiple trips on one map as opposed to multiple maps for one day. A start and stop feature that would track each individual on a daily basis. Part of the problem is that we see a lot of "as the crow flies" mileage and we want to see how each individual is spending their day. Are they taking the right path? Are they going out if their way when they shouldn't be? Are they spending their time wisely? We want to be able to review with each rep how they are utilizing their time and how they could better spend it.

3 of these maps below show a straight line from one stop to the other and I guarantee you this person did not drive in a straight line!

Instead, it would look more like this one where I know a sales guy left his house (1 Main St.) at 9am and returned to 1 Main St., but he visited 2 Southside and stopped at 3 Apple Ct. on his way home.

Hopefully this makes more sense. If I can answer anymore questions, please let me know.

Greg