We're currently experiencing an outage with our Citibank connection. Please visit our status page for more details and to subscribe to updates.

New View Receipt Permissions, Made optional.

ssteinerssteiner Expensify Customer Posts: 1
I recently reach out to support about an issue in which we were no longer able to view the receipt link created when making an excel export report.
Support informed me that a new feature was enabled
"user should have an Expensify account, they also should be a Policy Admin in order for them to view the receipt"

I believe this feature should be optional and at the very least have more options for granting permission to certain users without having to make users a policy admins.

This also points to the bigger request that more granular permissions be added as an option. allowing more users to do more when needed.

3 votes

Gathering use cases · Last Updated

Comments

• Amanda DeWittAmanda DeWitt Expensify Success Coach - Admin Posts: 56 Expensify Team
    Hey @ssteiner!

Thanks for the feedback! We're actively collecting use cases around this change and was wondering if you'd be able to answer the following questions for us?

1. Who is the main user of receipt URLs -- Is this a client, an auditor, or someone in your company who doesn't necessarily use Expensify?
    2. How are you currently utilizing the receipt URLs -- Are you exporting them to a spreadsheet and sharing a spreadsheet with your client?
    3. If you're sharing them with clients, how is the client using them? What are they using them for?
    4. If you knew that receipt URLs were going to stay secured as they currently are now, what other tools in Expensify would you need to continue using the system?
    It would be greatly appreciated!