Unreported User Expenses on Expenses Page (NOT Reconciliation Dashboard)

verohakuverohaku Posts: 6Expensify Customer
When my company first started using Expensify in September it seems our policy had a "glitch." All along I, as a Policy and Domain Admin, had access to view individual's Unreported expenses directly on the Expenses page. Screenshot below:

Suddenly, from one HOUR to the next, Unreported expenses were hidden from me. I immediately reached out to customer service believing there was some sort of service outage. It turns out I should have never been able to see user's Unreported expenses, only those that are currently in an Open or Processing report.

It is quite frustrating having now to go through a more cumbersome route of using the Reconciliation Dashboard to view Unreported expenses for a specific user. Instead of just clicking once or twice on the Expenses page, I now have to navigate through more than three links and 10+ clicks to view each users Unreported expenses. More frustrating is that I have to click each user's total expenses which then open in a new window. A new window that looks exactly like the Expenses page access I USED to have. 

Given that Expensify clearly does have the capability to filter Unreported expenses directly on the Expenses page, I believe it would be much more efficient and productive to implement this feature instead of having to waste time through the Reconciliation Dashboard route.

Comments

• Puneet LathPuneet Lath Posts: 2Expensify Success Coach - Admin Expensify Success Coach
    Hi there! Thanks so much for taking the time to provide this feedback. I can definitely see how that might be frustrating. 

First, can you help me understand what you are wanting to see unreported expenses per individual for? Once you get to the Expenses page via the reconciliation dashboard and are viewing their unreported expenses, what are you doing with them? 

Secondly, are you familiar with our Scheduled Submit feature? This feature automatically adds transactions to an expense report as they are imported. This makes it so that there is one less step the user has to take in adding the expenses to a report and also gives instant visibility on those expenses to any policy admin. You can read more about that feature here: https://docs.expensify.com/en/articles/8284-scheduled-submit-group-policy-level

Looking forward to hearing back!
  • verohakuverohaku Posts: 6Expensify Customer
    Hi! Being able to see individual's unreported expenses helps us keep track of who needs to create their expense reports. We don't like to use Scheduled Submit as it makes it difficult for users to create only one report per business trip. Some expenses are imported on some days, and others way later. If our users had Scheduled Submit on they'd have to delete reports and divide up expenses between their correct reports.

All I'm doing with the expenses is keeping track of who needs to submit reports as well as using them to see what expenses do not have a "match" on Quickbooks. We aren't a very large company, only about 20-30 corporate cards are being monitored. 
  • Jenna HayJenna Hay Posts: 35Expensify Customer, Expensify Team Expensify Success Coach
    Hi there, I'm really sorry but this is actually a bug in the system.  We are aware of it and are working on getting it fixed as soon as we can.  In the meantime, you can still view unreported expenses via the Reconciliation Dashboard until we are able to get the filters on the Expenses page working again as normal.  Thanks for your patience.
    Oh that's great! So I will be able to see these Unreported expenses on the Expenses page when the bug is fixed? That is fantastic news!
  • Rachael HopkinsRachael Hopkins Posts: 893Expensify Success Coach - Admin, Expensify Team Expensify Success Coach
    Hi @verohaku, this fix is currently in the throes of being released. You should be able to filter for unreported company card expenses from your Expenses page now.
    Hi @Rachael Hopkins, thank you so much for the update!! I'm so glad this restored my original view. Thank you and @Jenna Hay for the help!