Expensify.org/hunger SNAP campaign status 

The number of families signing up for reimbursement has vastly outnumbered the limited funds available. Though we’re unable to provide a specific timeline on when your report will be reimbursed, we’re doing our best to drive donations and keep our fund moving forward. Rest assured, we’ll review every report that’s submitted per our instructions. 

Thanks for your patience! 

Deep Dive: What are "Domains" and how do I use them?

Ted HarrisTed Harris Expensify Success Coach - Admin Posts: 232 Expensify Team
edited May 29 in Deep Dive Docs
The Domains tab in Expensify is the first place to look if you are managing Company Cards. Additionally, you can validate your domain if you need to control user account access or configure restrictions on users that belong to your e-mail domain.
This deep dive post covers the following topics:
  • What can I do from the Domains tab?
  • How do I claim a domain?
  • What's the difference between claiming a domain and validating a domain?
  • How do I validate my domain?

What can I do from the Domains tab?

Domains are linked to employees, whose email addresses end with that specific domain name. For example, assume we have a company with the domain expensivepie.com. This would mean the following:
  • But from the expensivepie.com domain, you can't assign CCs or rules to users on the expensivecrumble.com domain (since this domain is different). In order to do that, you'd need to claim or fully validate the expensivecrumble.com domain as well.

How do I claim a domain?

Claiming a domain is easy. If you are the first user from your company to set-up an expense policy in Expensify, you'll already be the Domain Admin. Just sign-up for a new Expensify account and create a policy. Then, you'll gain access to the Settings > Domains page which is shown in the screenshot below:
From there, just click on your domain name and you can set up your Company Cards for management! If someone from your domain has already claimed the domain, you will see the ability to request access from the existing Domain Admins.

What's the difference between claiming a domain and validating a domain?

Claiming a domain: Any Policy Admin can claim a domain (or request access to an already claimed domain) to access Company Cards and Reconciliation for their company. 
Validating a domain: If you have already claimed your domain, you have the option to validate your domain to access additional features. In a nutshell, the additional features of validated domains exist to impose security/control on your domain users. In particular, validating your domain will give you access to the following features:
  1. Consolidated Domain Billing
  2. Prevents end-users from creating their own accounts
  3. Fine-tuned user restrictions through domain Groups
  4. Configure SAML SSO for logging into Expensify
  5. The ability to set vacation delegates on behalf of your domain members

How do I validate my domain? 

A walkthrough for this can be found here!

How does validating my domain allow me to manage and restrict users on my e-mail domain?
One of the main benefits of fully validating your domain is the ability to restrict users on your company domain to follow your desired expense management workflow. Furthermore, once your domain is validated, only a Domain Admin can create a new Expensify account using a company e-mail address.

How can I add or remove Domain Admins?
Check out this page for a walkthrough on adding and removing Domain Admins.

How can I remove my domain?
If you need to remove your domain, you can accomplish this by (1) removing all other Domain Admins, and (2) Clicking [Reset Domain], which can be found by navigating to Settings > Domains.

For a live overview of the Policy Admin role, policy management and administration, register for our free Admin Onboarding Webinar!