How do I access receipts in the future if I cancel my Expensify subscription?

Options
PlatChem1129
PlatChem1129 Expensify Customer Posts: 1
I'm worried that if an audit situation occurs in the future that I won't be able to produce the receipts.

Best Answer

• Brigid  Bello
    Brigid Bello Expensify Team Posts: 77 Expensify Team
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Hey @PlatChem1129, great question! There are a couple of things to keep in mind here. First, you can totally cancel your Subscription but keep the free version of your account, which will allow you to retain access to all of the receipts that you have stored in Expensify. 

You can downgrade the account to free by logging into your web account and following Settings > Policies > Group. Once there, click the settings cog next to any policies you own and then click "Delete." 

By removing the policy, the account will be downgraded to a free account and will end your subscription to Expensify, but your reports and expense data will remain in your account. 

That said, if you want to fully close your Expensify account, you can do so from the Expensify website. Your unapproved expenses and reports will also be deleted and you will no longer have access to them, however if you Reopen the account, your submitted expense data and receipts will still be in your account. Head to Settings > Account > Account Details > Close Account to complete this. 

Let me know if you have any more questions about this!