How do you remove expenses from a report using the Browers version(https://www.expensify.com/report)

RalphCRalphC Posts: 1Expensify Customer
Conditions:
  • There are expense attached to a report that belong to a different report (different monthly report).
  • On the online version, I click on the expense. It opens the "edit expense" window and there is no "remove" expense operation available.
  • The expense need to be REMOVED (not deleted) from a report.
  • The expense needs to ADDED to a different report.

Note: We do monthly reports. The expense was added to the report by selecting "expenses", filtering based on days, selecting all and click on "Add to report". The select by date always picks up transactions outside the date range.

Please help. Thank you

Answers

• Christina DobryzynskiChristina Dobryzynski Posts: 96Expensify Team Expensify Success Coach
    edited November 28
    Welcome to the ExpensifyCommunity, @RalphC! I'm more than happy to help!

There are two ways to move an expense to a different report on the browser app.
    You can move an expense from any Open report by changing the Report within the expense details. 

Or, by deleting the expense from a report through the following steps:  
    • Click the red "X" to the left of the expense (please note this will only remove the expense from a report and not permanently delete the expense).
    • Use the filters on the Expense page to display all Unreported expenses > select the expense.
    • Click Add to Report in the upper right corner of the page and select the new report from the dropdown list. 

Please let me know if I can help with anything else!