Expensify.org/hunger SNAP campaign status
We’re no longer accepting new participants as our focus is on reimbursing existing claims. While we’re unable to provide a specific timeline on when your report will be reimbursed, we’re doing our best to drive donations and keep reimbursements moving forward. If you know anyone who can donate to this campaign please encourage them to enable Personal or Corporate Karma on their Expensify account.
We're currently experiencing issues with our American Express and Capital One connections. Please visit our status page for more details and to subscribe to updates.
Deep Dive - Duplicate Detection: What is it and how it works
Duplicate detection is functionality built into every Expensify account. It works behind the scenes to identify duplicate expenses before they are submitted, warning employees when they exist.
If a duplicate expense is submitted, the same warning will be shown to the approver responsible for reviewing the report.
Some helpful tips though ...If two expenses are SmartScanned on the same day for the same amount, they will be flagged as duplicate unless:
- The expenses were split from a single expense,
- The expenses were imported from a credit card, or
- Matching email receipts sent to [email protected] were received with different timestamps.
But just maybe I needed that receipt Concierge!
If you do need to recover this receipt, not to worry - you have the ability to undelete it! To undelete an expense:
- Log into your web account and navigate to the Expenses page
- Use the filters to search for deleted expenses by selecting the "Deleted" filter
- Select the checkbox next to the expenses you want to restore
- Click the Undelete button and you're all set.
Expensify users have the ability to resolve duplicates by either deleting the duplicated transactions, merging them, or ignoring them (if they are legitimately separate expenses of the same date and amount).