Deep Dive: Secondary Login? Merge Accounts? What does this mean?
What is a secondary login?
A secondary email address or phone number allows you to log into your account and also forward receipts to [email protected] from either email or phone number. This will need to be done from the web, and you will not be able to add a secondary email or phone number using the mobile app.
If you merge your two existing Expensify accounts, the account that you merge into the first will become the primary login. The account that was merged will become the secondary login, though you make either the primary login.
Merging Two Accounts
To merge two accounts, please head to Expensify.com as this won't be an action you can take on the mobile app. This will merge the two accounts into one. All of the reports, imported cards, secondary logins, and most settings will be brought into your new account. Be careful because merging accounts is not reversible!
- For policy admins: emails and phone numbers are tied to expense policies, and because of this, the policy workflow in Settings > Policies > Group > [Policy Name] > People may be affected; for instance, if you are merging with an admin account. Please check the workflow of your expense policies after the merge to make sure the correct email or phone number is listed!
- Emails that are under two different domains cannot be merged together if both domains have been verified. Example: company.com and companyhq.com are both verified domains. Joe works for both companies and wants to merge his accounts. He cannot merge until the Domain of either company.com or companyhq.com is reset. Once that is done, he can merge the Expensify account that is behind the unverified domain into the other account successfully.
- Email addresses under the same domain with a verified domain can be merged after one Expensify account is made for each email address. Please reach out to your Domain Admin to make sure they invite both email addresses to the list of domain members
- How-to: Merge two accounts
- How-to: Add a secondary login
- How-to: Disconnect your personal email address (secondary login) from your previous company's account
- FAQ: I'm trying to add a secondary login, but I'm not receiving the invitation to my email or phone! Why?
- FAQ: I can't add a secondary email because I get a message about restricted account creation. What does that mean?
- FAQ: I can't merge my accounts because I get a message about "domain managed emails". What does that mean?