Are you receiving SNAP/EBT benefits? The Expensify.org/SNAP-VAX campaign is live and accepting new members. Learn more about receiving $50 for submitting a SNAP receipt and $50 for getting your COVID-19 vaccine here and join today!
Deep Dive: Configuring export settings for Xero
Let's go over them!
Xero OrganizationIf you have more than one organization set up in Xero, you will be able to select which one you want to connect to here:
There are a few things to note with this:
1. You will only have this option if you have multiple organizations set up in Xero
2. Each policy can only connect to one organization
3. If you create a new organization in Xero after your connection is already established, you will need to disconnect and reconnect to Xero before it will appear in the dropdown list (before you disconnect, just be sure to take a screenshot of your current configurations by clicking Configure and checking the Export, Coding, and Advanced tabs so you can set this up again easily)
Any policy admin can export to Xero, but only the preferred exporter will see reports that are ready for export in their Inbox.
Export to Xero as bills awaiting payment with the following additional settings:
- Bill date — the bill is posted on the last day of the month in which expenses were incurred.
To view the bills in Xero, navigate to Business > Purchase Overview > Awaiting Payments. Bills will be payable to the individual who created and reported the expense.
Here's an example of what the bill represents in Xero (note that the receipt image can be found by clicking on receipt file at the top right-hand corner):
Non-reimbursable expense (such as company card transactions) export to Xero as bank transactions with one transaction per line-item (expense) created in the bank account of your choice. Each expense will also post using the transaction date that matches the date on your bank statement.
Once exported, you can view the expenses in Xero by navigating to Dashboard > select your company card > and finding the correct expense:
If you are centrally managing your company cards, you can export expenses from each individual card to a specific account in Xero. Here are some resources on that:
- How-to: Export to a pooled GL account
- How-to: Export to individual GL accounts
- FAQ: Expenses are exporting to the wrong accounts, why's that?
- FAQ: Will receipt images export to Xero?
Have a question or want to know more? Start a discussion here!