Matching when the receipt includes two credit card transactions

Options
JKO
JKO Expensify Customer Posts: 15 Expensify Newcomer
I have a number of situations--Orbitz flights as an example--where I end up with three transactions to combine. For example, The Orbitz receipt that I forward to Expensify might be for #130, and it will incorporate both a flight and an Orbitz fee. My credit card will show two separate transactions: one for $119 from Delta and one for $11 from Orbitz. I want to match up the three so that the two credit card transactions are matched to the one receipt. How do I do that?

Comments

• Maddy Lewis
    Maddy Lewis Expensify Team, Expensify Student Ambassador Posts: 120 Expensify Team
    Options
    Hi @JKO

Thanks for writing in! 

Since you have a cash receipt for $130 and then two credit card expenses (one for $119 and one for $11), you'll need to go through a couple of steps to successfully merge this expense.

First off, you'll want to split the cash receipt for $130 into one expense for $119 and one expense for $11. You can do this by selecting the expense and clicking "Split."

Then, you will want to merge the $119 credit card expense with the $119 cash expense and merge the $11 card expense with the $11 cash expense. You can do this by selecting the two expenses and clicking "Merge."

That will give you one card expense with an attached receipt for Delta and one card expense with an attached receipt for Orbitz.

Side note: You need to split the original cash expense because you cannot merge two card expenses together. 

I hope that helps! 
  • JKO
    JKO Expensify Customer Posts: 15 Expensify Newcomer
    Options
  • Sophie_Pinto
    Sophie_Pinto Expensify Customer, Expensify Team, Expensify Student Ambassador Posts: 133 Expensify Team
    Options
    You're welcome! Let us know if you need help with anything else 😄