Can you add the ability to split expenses when using the Expensify Card?

Jennifer_J0hnsonJennifer_J0hnson Posts: 1Expensify Customer
We just recently switched to the Expensify card and so far it is working great!  The only problem I have is that I cannot split the expenses when using it.  I purchase things for our church and they have specific categories that they need to go in when being submitted and I haven't been able to do that since getting the card.  Now I am going to have to do multiple transactions when I use the card at Costco and Sam's and that is not always convenient.  Please enable that feature!!!
3 votes

Gathering use cases · Last Updated

Comments

• Amanda DeWittAmanda DeWitt Posts: 40Expensify Team Expensify Team
    Hey @Jennifer_J0hnson!

Great suggestion and definitely something that we are looking into!
    In the meantime, I've turned your post into an "Idea" so we can gather votes and use cases. Workcases and suggestions from customers help us develop new features and it would be great to hear from everyone! Make sure to upvote your post here! :) 
  • JardoverJardover Posts: 3Expensify Customer
    The vote on this is not working. But add mine. This is a MUST if we are to use the Expensify Card.
  • MiamiMiami Posts: 1Expensify Customer
    We need this!
  • Sheena TrepanierSheena Trepanier Posts: 2,106Expensify Success Coach - Admin Expensify Team
    @Jardover, @Miami, @Jennifer_J0hnson -- I have moved this post to the appropriate category so you can now vote for it, please do!

Jardover and Miami, is your use case similar to Jennifer's? Or, do you have another use case for why you need to split the Expensify Card expense? I would like to make sure that we have all the context we need to support the change. 

Thanks all!
  • JardoverJardover Posts: 3Expensify Customer
    Our reason for wanting this is similar to Jennifer Johnson's. E.g. we often do orders from Staples or Amazon that involve purchasing items in different categories (e.g. we might distinguish between office supplies, office equipment, computer software on the same order). Another example would be a restaurant with multiple staff members present, we might split the bill between different staff members professional expense allowances. each staff member has his own budget.  Another example would be paying a conference center for a retreat that is shared by Junior high and Senior High youth groups. They have separate budgets/accounting categories, so it needs to be split.

• slewaltslewalt Posts: 6Expensify Customer
    We need this too! (Ps, most businesses need this!)
  • Sonia LiapounovaSonia Liapounova Posts: 82Expensify Team Expensify Team
    Thank you for the example! Having a use case is super helpful in helping the product team design a feature that fits user needs.

@slewalt is your use case similar to the two that have been mentioned above?
  • slewaltslewalt Posts: 6Expensify Customer
    Yes, we need to be able to split expenses into different accounting categories as well. I just asked a co-worker about it & she has a "split" button on her app under "more options" at the bottom of the expense, but I don't have the button on my app. Is this something that needs to be turned on in the admin?