Receipt Must Be Attached to Expense if Expense Exceeds a Certain Dollar Limit

ToriTori Expensify Customer Posts: 2
For auditing purposes, my company must account for all receipts that correlate with a charge of $25.00 or more. This applies to company cards and personal expense reimbursements. 

It would be amazing if Expensify could add this feature as a "Rule" within the policy portal so that the "Admin" does not have to sift through each receipt to make sure that all receipts over $25.00 are accounted for. The other alternative is to make employees account for all receipts; however, this becomes extremely tedious for the employee who has a large number of charges each month, with half of these charges being less than $25.00.

This would be a major addition to Expensify and I would love to see it rolled out sometime in the future!
Tagged:
1 votes

Gathering use cases · Last Updated

Comments

• Lauren ReidLauren Reid Expensify Team Posts: 40 Expensify Team
    Hi Tori! 
    Can you expand on how this is different from the Policy Rules that allow you flag receipts below a certain $ threshold as needing a receipt? If you pair this with the Domain Groups rule to "Strictly Enforce Policy Rules" you should have all expenses flagged for review by the policy admin upon submission.
    I can see that you have these settings enabled, so I'm curious to hear more about the additional functionality you're looking for here that isn't achieved by these existing settings. Thanks! 😃
  • ToriTori Expensify Customer Posts: 2
    Hi Lauren! 
    Thanks for asking! The difference would be that I need receipts flagged if they carry a dollar value over a certain amount. Like you said, right now, the system will only flag them if they are below a certain $ amount. I need them flagged if they are at or over that dollar amount instead.
  • Nicole TrepanierNicole Trepanier Expensify Success Coach - Admin Posts: 795 Expensify Team
    @Tori Sorry for the confusion here. The policy rule will flag anything over a specific amount as needing a receipt. You can set this as a rule that applies to all expenses or use he settings on each category to apply different amounts to each one.