Why do my Vendor Bills show as "Expensify" in QB Desktop?

Options
VickiB
VickiB Expensify Customer Posts: 8 Expensify Newcomer
I have been searching for days for an answer to this question. When I export CC transactions, they show as the vendor in QB (PERFECT!) however, when I export vendor bills - they are posted under the "Expensify" Vendor account in QB. This causes me to have to go into each transaction and update the information - pretty counterproductive, if you ask me. The only "solution" that I have found is to place MY email address into the main email for the vendor...which makes ABSOLUTELY NO sense!! 

Answers

• Matt Moore
    Matt Moore Expensify Customer, Expensify Success Coach - Admin, Expensify Team, Expensify Student Ambassador Posts: 132 Expensify Team
    Options
    Hi @VickiB, thanks for posting this! 

The question you're asking is a valid one, and once you understand why Vendor Bills are configured the way they are it makes more sense. 

We post reimbursable expenses using your vendor list in QuickBooks because those are amounts that need to be paid back (the employee acts almost like a "contractor" in terms of role).   

I would advise you to set up your employees as vendors in QuickBooks Desktop first, especially for when your employees are submitting reimbursable expenses.

If you do this first, remember to sync your Connection with Expensify to ensure the data maps over.

You can sync your connection through Settings > Policies > Group >
    [Policy Name] > Connections > Accounting Integrations

Let me know if you need further advice with this!

• VickiB
    VickiB Expensify Customer Posts: 8 Expensify Newcomer
    Options
    Thank you for your reply. And, while this set up does make some sense - if I was reimbursing my employees for job materials...but, that is not the case. I have voted on a suggestion...and will be posting my own suggestion to find a way that we would be able to handle all A/P via Expensify rather than CC, only. I found a "work around", in a way. I just export each invoice as a single report - and once the export is completed, I go into our Expensify Vendor in QB and update each report with the correct vendor name. 
  • Jason Li
    Jason Li Expensify Success Coach - Admin, Expensify Team, Expensify Student Ambassador Posts: 229 Expensify Team
    Options
    Hi @VickiB - glad to hear that Matt was able to provide some context for you! If you think you've got a valid idea for how to handle this, we'd love to hear it. Don't forget to upvote your own idea, and we can track interest in it!