Pause import from Credit card

LeslieMartLeslieMart Posts: 3Expensify Customer
It would be helpful to be able to pause imports from my credit card.  Since I use it for both reimbursable and personal expenses, I have to delete a lot of entries.  When I'm not on a reimbursable gig, it would be much better to simply hit pause.
0 votes

Gathering use cases · Last Updated

Comments

• Lauren SchurrLauren Schurr Posts: 29Expensify Team Expensify Team
    Thanks for your suggestion @LeslieMart! If you only need to import certain expenses into your Expensify account, I'd recommend using the spreadsheet import method. Let me know if I can clarify anything for you!
  • LeslieMartLeslieMart Posts: 3Expensify Customer
    Nope, thanks for the suggestion, but that wouldn’t help me at all.
    I have deleted the card and will just be adding it back and deleting it again, over and over.
  • Maddy LewisMaddy Lewis Posts: 25Expensify Success Coach - Admin Expensify Team
    Hi @LeslieMart - I like your earlier suggestion. For now, though, since the product isn't optimized to sort personal and business expenses from the same card, I would suggest not connecting your credit card at all and SmartScanning any of the expenses that you need to be reimbursed for. That way, you wouldn't have to worry about deleting expenses or disconnecting your card connection. You can take the extra work out of the equation and simply import the expenses you need to track. 

Otherwise, I like your idea of having a pause function on a connected credit card. Let's see how much traction that feature request gets!
  • LeslieMartLeslieMart Posts: 3Expensify Customer
    Alas, Smartscanning isn’t entirely accurate with international currencies.  Using the actual charge on my credit card is the precise amount I need to be reimbursed.
    The sorting between personal and business isn’t an issue when I am on a gig, only in between.
  • Sheena TrepanierSheena Trepanier Posts: 2,106Expensify Success Coach - Admin Expensify Team
    @LeslieMart -- Thanks for the context and sharing, it's very helpful to us as well as other customers who may need the same functionality. Don't forget to vote for your own idea using the yellow vote box at the bottom of your original post!