Expensify Camera App Cropping Top of Picture

SBDavinSBDavin Posts: 2Expensify Customer
edited January 13 in Day to Day
Hi, team.
I have been using Expensify with the Android app on my Samsung Galaxy Note 9 for a couple of years. However, within the last month, the camera app started cropping the top off of my scanned receipts.
I centered the receipt below perfectly in the camera app but the app cuts (crops) off the top two inches of the photo.
Did I cause this? Is there a setting in the phone that causes this? How do I configure the camera in the Expensify app? How do I fix this problem?
Thank you for any help!

Best Answer

Answers

• SBDavinSBDavin Posts: 2Expensify Customer
    UPDATE: It seems I can no longer edit my original post above from this morning so I will add more facts here.
    To be clear, the scan above was taken with the receipt at the top of the camera view screen. After further tests, I discovered the Expensify camera app is also chopping off two inches from the bottom of the image as well.
    I also changed camera settings to different resolutions and aspect ratios - no luck. I also changed my phone's display settings for Screen Zoom (no zoom) and the lowest resolution the phone display it supports - 1480x720. However, it didn't seem to make any difference.

In other words, when I scan a receipt with the Expensify camera app, it is cropping (cutting off) two inches from the top and the bottom the image.

BTW - Hoping it would help, I just uninstalled the Expensify app, restarted the phone, and then reinstalled the app, v8.5.1.1

DEVICE: Samsung Galaxy Note 9, Android Security Patch Level: December 1, 2019

Yes - I know about and can use the workarounds but it is weird that it suddenly started doing this.
    Best wishes to all.