Policies

Options
leena
leena Expensify Customer Posts: 2
Hi,

Can I create multiple policies? Do I have to connect each policy with Xero for it to work? Can my staffs have access to all policies and select the appropriate one when creating a new expense?

Answers

• Mark Louis
    Mark Louis Expensify Team Posts: 167 Expensify Team
    Options
    Hi @leena! Great questions!
    Can I create multiple policies? 
    Absolutely! Since billing is based on active users. We define any report action as activity. So within a given month, if a user's account has taken actions on a report, they’re considered an active user. For example, editing, submitting, rejecting, deleting, approving, commenting on, exporting or reimbursing a report will all count towards activity for the month. 

Note: Report actions include those taken by delegated actors such as a Copilot or Concierge automation.

If needed, you can create multiple policies without any additional cost. You'll still be charged based on the number of active users across your policies as long as the billing owner for these policies is the same.

Do I have to connect each policy with Xero for it to work?
    If you would like each policy to connect to your Xero account, you would need to establish the connection to Xero for each policy.

Can my staffs have access to all policies and select the appropriate one when creating a new expense?
    Definitely! If your staff are members of multiple policies, they will have the option to select which policy the expenses should be reported on. If the policies have the same billing owner, then they would only be counted as a single active user in a given month.

Please let me know if you have additional questions, or feel free to continue your discussion with Concierge!

• aruff
    aruff Expensify Customer Posts: 3 Expensify Newcomer
    Options

@Mark Louis can each policy have it's own bank account? I would like each policy to have it's own Expensify credit cards and it's own settlement bank account.

• Mark Louis
    Mark Louis Expensify Team Posts: 167 Expensify Team
    Options

Hi @aruff - Expensify Cards are managed at the domain level, not at the policy level. You can have one Expensify Card program connected to its own settlement bank account per domain, not per policy.