We're currently experiencing an outage with our Citibank connection. Please visit our status page for more details and to subscribe to updates.

Independent Multiple Feeds for QBO and AMEX

Katie_Streamline1Katie_Streamline1 Expensify Customer Posts: 3

Our company would love to be able to have the AMEX feed directly in to our QBO feed so that we have the transactions real time AND to Expensify independently as we would like to house all receipts in Expensify - but not delay the feed into QBO because managers are not the most timely at approving expenses for their employees in our company <facepalm>

1 votes

Gathering use cases · Last Updated

Comments

• Rachael HopkinsRachael Hopkins Expensify Success Coach - Admin Posts: 1,030 Expensify Team

Hi @Katie_Streamline1 Welcome to the Expensify Community!

This is more related to QBO functionality I believe. If the Expensify transactions are imported after the bank feed it can cause duplicates.

My apologies, but I don't think this is one for Expensify! But if you do reach out to Intuit, please do let me know what their response is!

• Katie_Streamline1Katie_Streamline1 Expensify Customer Posts: 3

We had Expensify work with AMEX to build the feed to have it flow in to Expensify rather than QBO so that we could have management approval on the expenses.

We still want to continue that feed into Expensify so that we can have the visibility for managers - but still want the feed to go realtime into QBO - which we can't have at the moment due to managers taking a while to approve the reports to import them into QBO once approved. We thought a solution would be to continue housing the receipts and approvals in Expensify - and not import into QBO - but rather have AMEX feed directly into QBO as well as Expensify, so that we had the transactions real time - but didn't give up the visibility and approval of management on what their employees are spending. That make sense?

• Jason LiJason Li Expensify Team Posts: 83 Expensify Team

Hi @Katie_Streamline1 - thanks for that additional context! What you described between AMEX and Expensify appears to be a GL1025 feed (i.e. a credit card feed).

I'm wondering if these are pretty straightforward transactions that need approving? If so, have you considered setting up some Policy rules, or even setting up Scheduled Submit to make the process automated, so you're not waiting on those managers?

• Katie_Streamline1Katie_Streamline1 Expensify Customer Posts: 3

I did have all that set up, and had everything schedule to submit daily upon approval, but the slackers kept taking over a week to approve the reports, so I set it to submit once a week to try and make it easier - that didn't work either. So I have recently taken control of everything and had everything report directly to me instead. Which takes the visibility and approvals out of the managers hands.

• Sheena TrepanierSheena Trepanier Expensify Success Coach - Admin Posts: 2,150 Expensify Team

Thank you for the additional context @Katie_Streamline1! We'll let this idea rest a bit to give others a chance to vote and share their use case.

Don't forget to vote for your own idea using the yellow vote box at the bottom of your original post.