Baillie Gifford Authorizer FAQs

Options
Cortney Ofstad
Cortney Ofstad Expensify Success Coach - Admin, Expensify Team, Expensify Student Ambassador Posts: 173 Expensify Team
edited February 2020 in Hidden posts or KB articles

This post is specifically for those who authorize the expenses of others in Baillie Gifford’s expense system, Expensify. 

For general help on using Expensify to manage your own expenses, please read our Submitter FAQs.

If you can’t find an answer to your query below, please email finance.expenses@bailliegifford.com and we will get back to you as soon as possible.

What is the role of the Authorizer?

The role of the authorizer is to confirm that expenses have been incurred on genuine Baillie Gifford business. 

I can see lots of violations on the expense report that I have been asked to approve. Do I need to do anything?

No. Expensify uses SmartScan technology to read receipts and extract information before users then add any missing data the system can’t find. Next, all reports are reviewed by the Finance Operations team before coming to you. Reports have therefore already been checked for accuracy against the receipt images and any required VAT is made. There is no need for the Authorizer to complete checks on the accuracy and VAT. Your role is simply to verify that you believe the expenses were incurred on genuine Ballie Gifford business. Violations flagged up with small exclamation marks relate to changes made to receipts which have been made/checked by the Finance Operations team and can be approved without you conducting a detailed review of why the violations existed to begin with.

I’ve been asked to authorize expenses for someone I don’t know, what should I do?

If you believe you are not in a position to authorize an expense claim, then please reject the claim and note the reason in the comments section. Authorization routes are automatically allocated based on organization chart structure and you should only receive requests from users with whom you have a clear relationship on the organization chart. If you believe this to be inaccurate, please contact finance.expenses@bailliegifford.com and we will investigate and resolve.