Set Up Checklist
Cortney Ofstad Expensify Success Coach - Admin Posts: 122 Expensify Team
Phase 1 — Implementation/Policy Setup
- Decide on email to manage Expensify- We recommend using a generic department email, such as or , that way you can pass credentials in the future in case there is turnover. This needs to be a real email address that can receive emails.
- Create a policy — Do this from the , or is a step by step guide.
- Connect to your accounting software —
- QuickBooks Online
- QuickBooks Desktop
- NetSuite (Token)
- NetSuite (SSO)
- Intacct (Role Based, Expense Reports)
- Intacct (Role Based, Vendor Bills)
- Intacct (User Based, Expense Reports)
- FinancialForce (PSA/SRP)
- FinancialForce (FFA)
- Setup company cards — instructions for this are found here
Phase 2 — Encourage Activity/Collect Feedback
- Implementation Call with Implementation Team — Q&A with admin team and walk through best practices.
- Test export of expense report in accounting software.
- Invite test users to policy-send out training links to see what questions arise
- Assign out company credit cards
- Set up a business bank account to reimburse employees
- Collect feedback from users
Phase 3 — Roll Out Expensify
- Send internal email notifying users of move to Expensify — here is a great user guide with links to live weekly employee webinars/trainings.
- Invite the rest of the company to the policy.
- Hold a company training.
Phase 4-Add a billing card/final questions
- The policy owner will add a billing card
- Optional call with implementations team to walk through any questions from training
- In product chat/email support