Frequently Asked Questions for SuperConcepts staff

Cortney Ofstad
Cortney Ofstad Expensify Success Coach - Admin, Expensify Team, Expensify Student Ambassador Posts: 173 Expensify Team

How do I create a Report? 

No need! Once you SmartScan your Receipt, we'll create an Expense for you and pop that Expense on a Report - hands free! 

If you really like to do things the 'old-fashioned' (i.e. manual) way, after your Expenses are in Expensify, head into the Expenses tab and check all that you would like to add to a Report. Then either select a current Report or create a new one from the list that appears on the right side of the screen:

How do I submit a Report? 

No need to worry about this as well. After we create the Report for you, we'll also submit it for approval on your behalf. 

Prefer the manual path? When your expenses are in the Report, and you're ready to send it off, click "submit", and then "submit" again. You're done!

How long do I have to submit a report after month end?

Please make sure your expense report is submitted and approved by your manager / Cost Centre owner by the 10th of the month (or 1st business day after) following the month of expenditure, e.g. if expenses relate to September, please have the report submitted AND approved by the 10th October.

Failing to do so is a violation of company expense policy and may result in suspension of your card, or in more severe cases, cancellation of your card.

Can I throw away the receipt? 

Yes! Once your receipt has been uploaded into Expensify and the status has changed from 'Uploading' to 'SmartScanning' then the receipt has been captured and the paper one is no longer required. Please ensure you have checked that the receipt has been captured and uploaded before you throw it away.

How can I ensure this Report goes to the right person?

Your admin will set this all up for you behind the scenes so you don't have to do anything. When a Report is submitted you can see who it goes to in the "To" field. You can also track the Report by its status, as well as follow along in the report history section.

Why does SmartScan take so long?

SmartScan processing times vary depending on a whole number of factors but there's no need to worry, once the status on the receipt changes to SmartScanning you can close the app and know that it will be processed. 

If you need your receipts to be available immediately and don't have time to let SmartScan process your receipt, please click 'Fill out details myself' and manually key in your information. However, as long as you SmartScan your receipt as soon as you receive it then this should never be an issue.

How do I get paid back? 

Reimbursements are processed in your fortnightly pay run. Your report must be approved 3 days prior to the pay run to be included, if not it will paid in the next run. 

Where can I get help?

For all Expensify related queries please reach out to: Wendy Brown, Jackie Donnellan and Debbie Gleeson first, who will be able to assist with most of the general queries.

For all Amex card related queries please contact our Amex champions: Wendy Brown, Jackie Donnellan and Debbie Gleeson.

They will be able to assist you in initiating new card applications, renewal of Amex cards, ordering replacement cards, arranging card cancellation etc.

If you need to dispute a transaction with AMEX, please call 1300 362 639. You will need your AMEX card number and may need to quote Corporate ID = 730338.

Useful links for disputes:

http://www.gmcabs.com.au/passengers/query-a-charge/