Guide to Expensify for SuperConcepts
Welcome to expense reports that don't suck
Before you begin:
Validate your account — You'll be invited to your company's Expensify Policy via email. Click the validation link in the email to set up your password.
Then it's three simple steps (click the image to download PDF)
And here's a short video of the process
Tip 1: All expenses require a receipt regardless of $ value
Tip 2: Please manually adjust the GST rate and/or amount in Expensify if it does not match the amount on the receipt (e.g. if there are GST free items).
Tip 3: Tag expenses only if you're cross charging
You home Cost Centre has already been set up in Expensify
- If the expense is for your Cost Centre, leave the expense Untagged
- If the expense is for another Cost Centre (i.e. you are cross-charging) then select the relevant Cost Centre from the drop down list
Tip 4: Create a separate report for each Cost Centre
Your expenses are sent to the owner of each Cost Centre for approval. For this process to work you will need to create a separate report for each Cost Centre.
How this works:
- Follow the above instructions (SmartScan, Code and select a Cost Centre only if cross charging) then Expensify will create a monthly report and place all expenses on it
- If all expenses are for a single Cost Centre then you don't need to do anything, Expensify will submit your report for approval at the end of the month
- If you have expenses for multiple Cost Centres, you will need to have one report for each Cost Centre.
- To create a new report, go to Reports and click New Report on the website or the + button on the mobile app (step 1 below)
- Open the first expense with a different Cost Centre and change the report to the newly created one (step 2 below)
- Repeat these steps until all expenses on each report are for the same Cost Centre
- At the end of the month, each report will automatically submit to the relevant Cost Centre managers for approval.