If I reject an expense item from a report, how do I ensure it is deleted?

Options
WBKC
WBKC Approved! Accountant Posts: 1

Client reports are sent to me for approval and where there are duplicates i flag it as a "rejected item" and add an explanation. These items are removed from the current report but then are automatically (and incorrectly) appearing on the subsequent report that the client submits. How can I avoid this happening?

Thank you

Answers

• Brooklyn
    Brooklyn Expensify Customer Posts: 8
    Options

experiencing the same thing, more than usual. It used to be because Scheduled Submit was enabled but it has been disabled (even on individual policies) and it is still auto putting them either on a new report or an existing one. Need this to stop ASAP

• Sheena Trepanier
    Sheena Trepanier Expensify Team, Approved! Accountant, Expensify Student Ambassador Posts: 1,362 Expensify Team
    Options

Hi @WBKC, thanks for posting! It sounds like Scheduled Submit might be the issue. You'll want to check in the Group policy settings as well as have the report submitter check their Personal Policy settings.

• Group policy: [Policy Name] > Reports > Scheduled Submit
    • Personal policy: Settings -> Policies -> Individual -> [Policy Name] -> Reports -> Scheduled Submit

@Brooklyn If Scheduled Submit is disabled at the Personal and Group policy level, please ask the report submitter to follow the instructions in this post (the accepted answer). The instructions cover how to ensure your automatic report designation is cleared in the mobile app, and generally this is the culprit for expenses being added to reports when they shouldn't be.

If things still aren't working right, just let me know!