We're experiencing abnormally high support volume that has created a backlog delaying our responsiveness. Please visit our status page for more details and to subscribe to updates.

Allow Ability to Paste from Clipboard when Uploading Receipts!

edkmakedkmak Posts: 2Expensify Customer

I believe this will greatly enhance usability for expense submission. Right now the only way to upload receipts is through a file selection tool.

The ability to screenshot-to-clipboard and pasting the file to an expense would save users from having to save a receipt onto a computer and finding that file. With dozens of receipts at a time, the seconds can quickly add up.

Thank you!

1 votes

Already supported · Last Updated

Comments

• Mark LouisMark Louis Posts: 78Expensify Team Expensify Team

Hi @edkmak, thanks for writing in to the Community!

If you are taking advantage of our SmartScan feature, there's no need to manually upload your receipts to an expense. You can use SmartScan by taking a picture of your receipt with the Expensify app on your phone, but the feature also works by forwarding your receipts to [email protected] from the email that you use to sign into Expensify. For more information, check out the link below:

• edkmakedkmak Posts: 2Expensify Customer

Hi Louis, thanks for your response.

I am well aware of the SmartScan feature and use it for plenty of my physical receipts. However, this feature request applies to the electronic receipts such as hotel folios and electronic mail receipts that that I'm getting more and more frequently these days.

SmartScan is great but I still find myself uploading items through the file upload tool.

• Rachael HopkinsRachael Hopkins Posts: 994Expensify Success Coach - Admin Expensify Team

Hi @edkmak we actually have another Idea for a potential Chrome extension which allows a person to turn a web page into a receipt. I recommend you vote if you are keen!

NB: If the file is in your downloads folder you can drag n drop into Expensify too and forward email receipts to [email protected] (both of these things are part of the SmartScanning that Mark refers to!)