We're experiencing abnormally high support volume that has created a backlog delaying our responsiveness. Please visit our status page for more details and to subscribe to updates.

A way for EEs to reimburse the company for personal expenses

JennCJennC Posts: 1Expensify Customer

We often find that EEs will accidentally make personal purchases via their corporate card. Please make an easy way for EEs to electronically "pay" the company for these charges from their already linked account or another preferred account (they currently resort to writing us checks)

0 votes

Gathering use cases · Last Updated

Comments

• Rachael HopkinsRachael Hopkins Posts: 994Expensify Success Coach - Admin Expensify Team

Hi @JennC Welcome to the Expensify Community!

This is quite a common query via Support: "I accidentally bought X on my company's card, how do I pay it back?" - Right now, the only solution is for them to add a negative expense to a report with a reimbursable balance, thereby being reimbursed less. But, that only works if the user also had reimbursable expenses!

The main downfall I see with allowing users to pay the Company from their own bank account, is that there are far more security hoops to jump through for setting up an account to be debited, than an account to be credited. Would a user want a week-long process and a phone call with their bank, when they could just use their bank's app on their phone or computer?

And if the person does this enough to warrant the more long-winded debit account setup, would it be an education issue rather than a feature which is needed? Food for thought, I would love to hear what you think!