Expensify.org/hunger SNAP campaign status (updated April 3, 2020) 

The number of families signing up for reimbursement has vastly outnumbered the limited funds available. Though we’re unable to provide a specific timeline on when your report will be reimbursed, we’re doing our best to drive donations and keep our fund moving forward. Rest assured, we’ll review every report that’s submitted per our instructions. 

Thanks for your patience! 

New Feature: Remove Individual Policies from Domain Accounts

JSoltaniJSoltani Expensify Customer Posts: 13 Expensify Newcomer

When setting up new employee accounts under our domain. There should be a way to remove individual policies for each of them. It is confusing employees transaction entry for expensify cards and employee reimbursements as well the custom fields are not showing for the transactions under this individual policy.

2 votes

Gathering use cases · Last Updated

Comments

• Jeremy BonifaceJeremy Boniface Expensify Team Posts: 82 Expensify Team

@JSoltani If your submitters only submit on one policy, you can restrict them to it via Domain Groups, which effectively disables the Individual policy for them. You'd need to have a Control policy and a validated domain to accomplish this. Let me know if you have any additional questions!

• JSoltaniJSoltani Expensify Customer Posts: 13 Expensify Newcomer

@Jeremy Boniface we have two policies, one for reimbursements, one for company credit card. We have domain groups, policy, and validated domain but I do not know how to remove the individual policies from showing up for them. The fact that it's there makes it an issue.

• Rachael HopkinsRachael Hopkins Expensify Success Coach - Admin Posts: 1,040 Expensify Team

Hi @JSoltani Individual Policies are a crucial part of how Expensify works, and form the core of Expensify. The Group Policies are layered on top of this. We are unlikely to be removing these, and they are there to enable your users to keep their personal expenses e.g. medical bills, volunteer expenses etc separate from your company expenses.

You will want to ensure that the user has their default policy set correctly, to the Policy they use for their 'work' expenses.

We don't recommend separating card expenses and reimbursables by Policy, as the Expensify functionality can manage these for you within one report, and as you have pointed out, it makes life complex for your users. Are you able to elaborate on the choice to set up two different policies?

We set up two policies because the export to QuickBooks Desktop does not allow for Expensify card expenses to be imported into the Expensify GL accounts, and Employee reimbursable expenses as a bill or other AP account if we are using just one policy. Does this make sense? We have two policies specifically to export correctly.

• Katie OswaltKatie Oswalt Expensify Success Coach - Admin Posts: 116 Expensify Team

Hi there, @JSoltani ! Hmm, a single policy should certainly allow for non-reimbursable and reimbursable expenses to be exported to their respective accounts within QuickBooks, separately. Would you mind writing into us at [email protected] with your specific case so that we can address it more specifically to find out what isn't lining up?

I would mind. I do not have the time to change my settings, re-export, fix these transactions, generate step by step instructions and results and then report them to an AI "Concierge" that eventually gets read by an individual who can resolve the issue. I will not be an unpaid tester. This is something your internal testing should be able to easily verify.

I've reported the issue, time for you guys to do some leg work on finding the root cause and implement fixes.

• Brigid  BelloBrigid Bello Expensify Team Posts: 80 Expensify Team

Hey @JSoltani, we shouldn't need to have you do much testing to resolve a Policy setup issue like this, but we will need to understand your specific case in order to assist you. I completely understand if you can't take the time at the moment, but if you do end up wanting us to take a look at this, feel free to reach out via Concierge and we'll be happy to help!

Try setting up one policy, using multiple credit cards, multiple expensify cards, and employee reimbursements. Make a video and post the link of it exporting to QuickBooks to separate GL accounts and let me know. I do see multiple GL accounts for Expensify cards, but that's it. All these different transaction types cannot be exported into separate GL accounts.

• Victoria O'learyVictoria O'leary Expensify Team Posts: 74 Expensify Team

Hi @JSoltani

I hear you, it can be really frustrating to have to troubleshoot an issue! I wish this was something I could get fixed up for you right away but unfortunately, it sounds like something just isn't working the way it should be - whether that's to do with your setup or something else. This means we need to work together so we can get you up and running ASAP!

We love it when customers use our Community, there is a mine of information here and it's a great way to share information and fixes! In this situation; however, we need to do some account specific troubleshooting and the best place for that is through Concierge chat or by sending an email to [email protected] This is because we cannot take specific action on your account, that's a role our customers need to play in troubleshooting; but we can talk you through exactly what needs to be done.

Both Concierge chat and [email protected] are people-powered so someone like me will be waiting to help you get this sorted!

Cheers!