We're currently experiencing an outage with our Citibank connection. Please visit our status page for more details and to subscribe to updates.

Feature Request: Multiple Receipt Attachments

JSoltaniJSoltani Expensify Customer Posts: 13 Expensify Newcomer

Some of our receipts come in separately and need to be included together. As of right now we have no way to include multiple sources of documentation or attachments to a single transaction receipt.

Please allow us to attach multiple receipt items for a transaction.

2 votes

Duplicate Idea · Last Updated

Comments

• glglasserglglasser Expensify Customer Posts: 40 Expensify Newcomer

+1

Happens very frequently.

• Stevie LaFortuneStevie LaFortune Expensify Team Posts: 121 Expensify Team

@JSoltani @glglasser I can appreciate this idea! I wanted to let you know of a couple of workarounds.

You are able to add "documents" to a report, I realize that isn't directly associated with one particular expense, but a place to add back up details.

You are able to combine receipts/documents to one PDF and upload that. The rule is one file per expense/receipt, so that does the trick. Or take the picture/SmartScan of both together. This works only for small register type receipts that would fit.

• glglasserglglasser Expensify Customer Posts: 40 Expensify Newcomer

@Stevie LaFortune , Thanks for your response. Yes, I do frequently scan 2 receipts into one file and upload. However, also frequently, I may have one receipt early and, a day later, another receipt indicating more detail. In such cases, I frequently want to add the detail receipt to the first receipt.

• JSoltaniJSoltani Expensify Customer Posts: 13 Expensify Newcomer

Attaching a receipt to a report doesn't associate it with the transaction.

Thanks for the workarounds, I think we can agree that the workarounds themselves are an inconvenient headache that diminishes the viability of the platform in day to day accounting. Not to sound harsh but it is a waste of time if I have to use these workarounds due to a design flaw.

• Christina DobryzynskiChristina Dobryzynski Expensify Team Posts: 152 Expensify Team

Thanks for the additional information @JSoltani and @glglasser!

Just to make sure we get full visibility on how many people are interested in this, will you please take a peek at this Idea and see if it fits your suggestion? If yes, we can consolidate these posts to ensure we're collecting all votes for the same topic. Thanks!

• Rachael HopkinsRachael Hopkins Expensify Success Coach - Admin Posts: 1,030 Expensify Team

Actually team, I am gonna say that yes that does fit into that other Idea nicely - same theme. I'm closing this one down so that we don't dilute the votes.