QuickBooks Online Bank feed - Individual Payments

JsLowC
JsLowC Expensify Customer Posts: 1

I am having trouble matching bank feed entries because the vendors name is not connected with the payment transaction. For example I have certain transactions that say John Smith expensify. But I have others from three different people that say Business Fundame Expensify. I can find matches because of the amount. But this is not a very good way of doing it.

How do I get the name to attach to the QBO bank feed entry?

Answers

• Lauren Schurr
    Lauren Schurr Expensify Team, Expensify Student Ambassador Posts: 137 Expensify Team

Thanks for writing in, @JsLowC! For non-reimbursable expenses, the payee field will list "Credit Card Misc." in QuickBooks Online, if the merchant name on the expense in Expensify is not an exact match to a vendor in QBO.

When an exact match is not available, "Credit Card Misc." is used to prevent multiple variations of the same vendor (e.g. Starbucks and Starbucks #1234, as is often seen in credit card statements) being created in QBO.

To have a different vendor listed, you can change the merchant name in Expensify to be a match to the appropriate vendor entry in QBO. For repeated expenses, best practice is to use Expense Rules, which will automatically update the merchant name without having to do it manually each time. 

Let me know if you have any other questions!