Transaction import from Wells Fargo paused. Please visit our status page for more details and to subscribe to updates.

Ability to classify each expense instead of the whole report

pwGSpwGS Expensify Customer Posts: 1 Expensify Newcomer

I wish there was a way to have a class and location for EACH expense instead of having to put a class for the whole report. I have classes and subclasses I need to put in for each expense (now using location for sub classes) and have to add lots of notes for accountant if some expenses in a report are a different class.

0 votes

Already supported · Last Updated

Best Answer

• Ben FitzBen Fitz Expensify Team Posts: 80 Expensify Team
    Accepted Answer

Hey @pwGS — Welcome to the Expensify Community! :blush:

@tylerzoll Has explained this correctly. This is a configurable option within Expensify. I can see that you currently integrate with QuickBooks Online. If you head to Admin > Policy Name > Connections > QuickBooks Online > Configure and select the Coding tab, you will see the option under Classes to set them either as a Report Field (header level) or as Tag (line-item level).

Classes are currently set as a Report Field for both of your policies, which is why you need to class an entire report. If you change this to Tag, you will be able to select a class for every individual expense.

Extra kudos to @tylerzoll for the tip on creating multiple policies if you would like this option to differ for certain groups — great advice! You can edit the coding configurations for each policy depending on the specific requirements you have for those employees.

Comments