Separating reimbursable from non- reimbursable expenses

Options
Dave_M
Dave_M Expensify Customer Posts: 2

Can anyone tell me if Expensify can automatically separate reimbursable and non-reimbursable expenses into separate reports? For example, if my company has two separate policies, one for credit card spending and one for cash expenses, can the system automatically compile them into separate reports, one for each policy, based on whether I select "reimbursable" on the expense item?

Thanks!

Dave

Answers

• Brigid  Bello
    Brigid Bello Expensify Team Posts: 77 Expensify Team
    Options

Hi @Dave_M! There isn't a direct way to do this within Expensify at the moment, however, I can see how this would be useful and I think it would be a great addition to our Ideas section. The most popular ideas found there are reviewed by the Expensify team and have a real chance of being placed on the roadmap.

For now, you can accomplish something close to this if you're using Company Cards. Your Company Card settings give you the option to select a default policy for all expenses imported from a particular card feed. If you set that default to your non-reimbursable policy and then have users make sure their accounts' default policy is set to your company's reimbursable policy, SmartScanned reimbursable expenses should be automatically reported under reimbursable policy, while non-reimbursable expenses would go to the default policy set your Company Cards section.

Let me know if you have any more questions about this!