transfer expenses from one account to another

dsritong
dsritong Expensify Customer Posts: 1

How do I transfer expenses from a personal expensify account to a work one?

Answers

• John Schuster
    John Schuster Expensify Team Posts: 127 Expensify Team

Hey there, @dsritong! Thanks for joining us in the community! It's great to have you!

The best approach here would be to merge the two accounts so all of your expenses are in one account. From there, you can choose to submit company expenses through your company's Group policy and maintain your personal expenses through an Individual policy.

Here's how you can do that: How-to: Merge Accounts

• Adina_Dedu1
    Adina_Dedu1 Expensify Customer Posts: 1 Expensify Newcomer

Hi John,

We have a similar case with a coleague: she has both a personal account- with her phone number and a corporate one- with the corporate email address. She has now merged the 2 but before doing so she had created an expense report under the personal account and this report got automatically closed. Now that she has merged the 2 accounts, she tried to change the policy in the report created initiallyand that is impossible. She created a copy of the expense report initially created and assigned it a corporate policy but the receipts are not attached. What can she do? Is there any way in which she can avoid manually downloading all receipts from the initial report and adding them to the new one?

Thanks,

Adina

• Cortney Ofstad
    Cortney Ofstad Expensify Success Coach - Admin, Expensify Team, Expensify Student Ambassador Posts: 173 Expensify Team

Hi @Adina_Dedu1!

Thanks for reaching out! In this situation, I recommend having the employee reach out to us directly at concierge@expensify.com. This way we can review the report directly and provide instructions on how to get this corrected.

If you have any other questions or need anything else, please let me know!