Why are there 2 expense reports automatically created for expenses in the same month?

Jordan_L
Jordan_L Expensify Customer Posts: 3 Expensify Newcomer

Our company's goal is to have one expense report per month per employee including all the expenses from that month. We are setup to have all expenses submit on the last day of the month. Currently, expenses are automatically being added to two expense reports each month and this is causing confusion because expenses from two different months are being added to one of the two reports. Why is this happening? What is the frequency that our company Amex cards sync with Expensify?

We are also having no success with Expensify support. This is the WORST CUSTOMER SERVICE team I have ever worked with. Response time says less than one day on the chatbot and we do not receive responses for 5 days or more. There is also no phone number or email to speak to someone and they openly refuse to get on a call.

Answers

• Christina Dobryzynski
    Christina Dobryzynski Expensify Success Coach - Admin, Expensify Team, Expensify Student Ambassador Posts: 267 Expensify Team
    edited March 2020

Welcome to the Expensify Community, @Jordan_L! I see you've been working with our team on a private message concerning this situation.

Currently, expenses are automatically being added to two expense reports each month and this is causing confusion because expenses from two different months are being added to one of the two reports. 

An example of this would be really helpful! You mentioned you don't have an example report ID because you manually fixed the issue on the affected reports. However, I might be able to gain enough insight to solve this puzzle with the details in the Report History and Comments of an example report. Will you please send me an example report to our private email conversation so I can look into this?

I can't think of any situation where two reports for the same time are automatically created while Scheduled Submit is enabled. I suspect what might have happened is concierge automatically created a new Open report because Scheduled Submit is enabled and an employee unknowingly created a new Open report during the same time period. Again, this is a stab in the dark without any examples.

You can determine how a report was created by looking in the Report History & Comments section of the two reports to see if one was created by concierge (see below) and one was created by the employee.

What is the frequency that our company Amex cards sync with Expensify?

Amex cards sync automatically on a daily basis (at night). Chase and Bank of America need to be manually updated.

To manually update an individual card, navigate to Settings > Domains > [Domain Name] > Company Cards, click the blue settings cog to the right of the card and click Update.

In terms of our customer contact, you're correct, our support has been slower than 1 business day lately. We're working through a backlog of questions and are hoping to get back up to speed soon. Thank you for your understanding.