How-to: Import and assign company cards from spreadsheet or OFX file
Learn how to import a bank transaction file and assign the expenses to a domain member in Expensify.
Note: Importing and assigning company cards from a spreadsheet requires a Group policy and the Domain Admin role.
If your company card program isn't supported via a direct connection, you still have the opportunity to centrally manage CC expenses! Now, this can be accomplished by uploading the transaction spreadsheet within your Domain.
Admins can follow the steps below to upload a spreadsheet:
- Download an OFX, CSV, or XLS file from your online bank account,
- Log into Expensify using your preferred web browser,
- Head to Settings > Domains > [Domain Name] > Company Cards,
- Click Upload Spreadsheet,
- Configure your spreadsheet layout settings including account name and the date format.
- Pro tip: You can save your layout settings to reuse the next time you upload a spreadsheet from the same bank by selecting “(New Layout)” from the Saved Layouts dropdown.
- Map your spreadsheet columns to the account, merchant, date, amount, and currency fields. These are pre-set requirements; optional mapping includes category and tag.
- Double-check your import preview and when it looks good, click Add Expenses to finish the import.
- Your import takes about one minute to load and you’ll see a small prompt letting you know.
Assigning a spreadsheet of CC expenses to a domain member
Assigning credit cards imported from a spreadsheet to domain members functions the same as assigning imported credit cards. From the same Company Cards page as the previous step, follow the instructions below.
- Select the file you uploaded from the Imported Card dropdown,
- Click the Assign New Cards button,
- Enter your domain member’s email address,
- Select their card and click the Assign button.
The expenses will import into the assigned employee’s account and they will be able to add receipt images, apply needed coding, and report them like other CC transactions.
- Blank spreadsheet for uploading transactions
- How-to: Identify and process outstanding company card expenses
- Deep Dive: Using Scheduled Submit with company cards