Custom export formats at the report level (one row per one expense report)

ebenamiebenami Expensify Customer Posts: 6 Expensify Newcomer

All exports will always export at the expense level, regardless of which formulas you use. (Even formulas that begin with {report:...} export at the expense level.)

So, when creating an export format at the report level, where each column is from the Report object (not the Expense object), the export includes multiple rows for a given expense report, based on the number of expenses in that report. This means that duplicate rows that have identical info need to be manually removed in the spreadsheet application.

The standard Report Level Export doesn't do that--it exports one row per one expense report. I would like to use that report but be able to customize the available columns.

1 votes

Understanding the Issue · Last Updated

Comments

• Leslie RodriguezLeslie Rodriguez Expensify Customer, Expensify Team Posts: 48 Expensify Team

Hi There!

If I am understanding correctly, you would like to be able to create a report similar to the Report level export which output one row per expense report? If so, can you please share with me what columns you would like to add to this report? For some context, here are the formulas we could use to export on report level:

https://docs.expensify.com/en/articles/3560-custom-formulas#reports

• ebenamiebenami Expensify Customer Posts: 6 Expensify Newcomer

Hi there,

For the report I was working on the other day, I'd like to include the following columns:

Report ID

Report Name

Report Status

Submitter

Reimbursable Total Amount

ACH Reimbursement Date

Approval Date

But in general, I think it would be useful to include all possible report-level fields in that standard Report Level Export. That way, I can remove the columns I don't need to see.

• Stevie LaFortuneStevie LaFortune Expensify Team Posts: 189 Expensify Team

Hi @ebenami!

Have you tested out our Report Level Export? Using the filtering options on the reports page along with one of these export options will allow you to easily see this data. 

• Basic Export - A very basic expense level export. 
    • Detailed Export - Similar to the Basic Export but with more expense and report level info. 
    • Report Level Export - This export has a number or report-level details. 
    • Category Export - Shows the total for each category that was used in the exported reports. 
    • Tag Export - Just like the Category Export, but with tags instead of categories. 
    • Multiple Tax Export - Some basic expense level details plus tax details for Canada users.

Each of these exports will email you the report in a CSV file. 

Creating your own export is great, but limited. You are not able to create a custom export the only exports report level date since the setup is defaulted to export each row of a report.

I know of those, but they don't have the following fields:

Reimbursable Total Amount

ACH Reimbursement Date

Approval Date

okay, I exported it and see similar fields. they are named differently but essentially provide the same info.

Report total

Report reimbursed date

report final approved date

• Leslie RodriguezLeslie Rodriguez Expensify Customer, Expensify Team Posts: 48 Expensify Team

Oh awesome! Take a look and let us know if you have any other questions. Cheers!

still, a middle ground would be useful--being able to choose the columns i want to see in my export at the policy level and not each time i export. this would cut down on the number of steps i'd have to take in Excel.

also, adding approved date and reimbursed date filters would be very useful.

• Stevie LaFortuneStevie LaFortune Expensify Team Posts: 189 Expensify Team

Ah- yes @ebenami . So a few things -

The ACH reimbursement date is really reliant on the two banks is handled outside of Expensify once the reports been selected to be reimbursed.

If the entire report was reimbursable, then the report total would be that amount.

I do see that the Approval Date is a column that is exported.

Included data in the report export is -

• Report Status
    • Report Created Date
    • Report Submitted Date
    • Report First Approved Date
    • Report Final Approved Date
    • Report Reimbursed Date
    • Report Exported Date
    • User Email
    • Custom Field 1
    • Custom Field 2
    • Report Submitted to