Does Expensify provide API about notification (like datafeed about reports that need my attention)?

Options
binhnguyendn1606
binhnguyendn1606 Expensify Customer Posts: 8 Expensify Newcomer

1. Is Expensify providing any APIs that list all pending reports that need my attention?

2. Imagine I'm the admin my company: Am I able to view all pending reports that need attention of all users on Expensify? (I can see status of all reports of my company and know who is responsible for next action). If yes, can APIs provide this kind of data? 

I have a look at https://integrations.expensify.com/Integration-Server/doc/#introduction and I can see nowhere about notification/datafeed.

Thanks.

Answers

• Christina Dobryzynski
    Christina Dobryzynski Expensify Success Coach - Admin, Expensify Team, Expensify Student Ambassador Posts: 267 Expensify Team
    Options

Thanks for reaching out in the Expensify Community, @binhnguyendn1606! This is a perfect place for our ExpensifyCommunity members to help you find the solutions you're looking for!

To help them get on track, it might be important to note, that 'pending' isn't a specific Expensify report state.

Here is a list of all report states:

• Open: A report that has just been created and never submitted. The report creator has full control to edit the report, and policy admins for the report's policy can view and submit the report.
    • Open (retracted): A report that was submitted but later retracted by the report creator. In an Open (retracted) state, the report creator can edit the report and still re-submit.
    • Open (rejected): A report that was submitted and then rejected by the report approver. Reports in this state can be edited by the report creator before re-submission.
    • Processing: A report that has been submitted, and is moving through an approval chain. The report creator has read access to the report, and can retract it before approval for further editing. Approvers can edit the report title or expense details, as well as reject or approve the report.
    • Closed: A report that someone submits and approves without anyone else seeing. Closed reports can be opened for further editing.
    • Approved: A report that has been submitted, processed and final approved. The report can then be reimbursed by the approver, or shared with an accountant. Should the report require further editing, it can be unapproved.
    • Approved (reimbursement pending): A report that has been reimbursed through ACH, with the reimbursement in pending status waiting for a deposit ACH account to be added to complete the reimbursement.
    • Reimbursed: A report that has been submitted, final approved, and marked as manually reimbursed. The report creator can then confirm that the reimbursement has been received outside of Expensify.
    • Reimbursed (withdrawing): A report that has been reimbursed through ACH, with the reimbursement in transit or pending bank approval.
    • Reimbursed (confirmed): A report that has been reimbursed through ACH, with the reimbursement confirmed to have reached its destination. This status may also appear when the report creator has received a manual reimbursement (such as a check) and the approver has marked the report as reimbursed (with the report creator confirming receipt of the reimbursement).

Are you looking for a list of reports that are in a Processing state? Or, are you looking for reports that has been submitted to an approver for review? There are a few results for these options in our API resource. Thanks!

• binhnguyendn1606
    binhnguyendn1606 Expensify Customer Posts: 8 Expensify Newcomer
    Options

Thank you so much, Chritina. Actually, what I need to have is the list of reports needing my attention:

• Say I'm having a report that is open, not submitted yet => It is on my list because I need to submit it;
    • Say I'm having a report that needs my review for approval => It is on my list because I need to review it and approve/reject;
    • Say I'm having a report that has just been approved => It is not on my list because I don't have to care about it.
  • Ted Harris
    Ted Harris Expensify Success Coach - Admin, Expensify Team, Expensify Student Ambassador Posts: 359 Expensify Team
    Options

Hi @binhnguyendn1606 - what you're referring to should always show in your Inbox in Expensify. Whenever a report matches your two requirements:

Say I'm having a report that is open, not submitted yet => It is on my list because I need to submit it;

Say I'm having a report that needs my review for approval => It is on my list because I need to review it and approve/reject;

You will have a task in your inbox stating "Here's the list of reports that need your attention."

Right now, there's no "export" that allows you to show these, but nor should there be really because it's already a feature we support!