American Express Connection

2»

Comments

• ijf
    ijf Expensify Customer Posts: 7 Expensify Newcomer

I sent an email to [email protected] yesterday at noon CST. The last message I received from the help desk was 12:59 PM stating they were taking a closer look at the query. I have had no communication from them as of this time. I am unable to see the csv file that I submitted with the correct formatting. Leaving my employees unable to submit AX credit card expenses, and that means we cant bill for those expenses. Not good. Is anybody out there?

• corywbrown
    corywbrown Expensify Customer Posts: 3 Expensify Newcomer

After uploading the csv, when I try to assign the cards I receive the following error:

Oops... an error has occurred!

An unexpected error occurred and we were not able to retrieve the list of cards. An engineer has been notified and the problem will be resolved soon. Please try again later.

Is this the same problem that is mentioned above where support had to do a "work around" to be able to assign the cards?

Thanks

• Elise_Byron
    Elise_Byron Expensify Customer Posts: 3 Expensify Newcomer

Hi again. Is there an estimated date of completion of the new API? Just a ballpark guess? Thanks.

• LaurenR_Expensify
    LaurenR_Expensify Expensify Team Posts: 106 Expensify Team

hi @Elise_Byron - the team is working closely with American Express to get this resolved ASAP. It's being treated with the highest priority possible, but unfortunately we can't commit to an estimation for a fix just yet. As soon as it is resolved we will communicate this out to all affected customers. Thanks for your patience here.

• Monk
    Monk Expensify Customer Posts: 14 Expensify Newcomer

Aside from there being no timeline for Amex resolution, there is no guidance for how a new fixed SYNC will protect against double entries. And the corporate card upload is not working (at least for me) and it has been more than 24 hours, and no resolution as to the issue.

• Ted Harris
    Ted Harris Expensify Success Coach - Admin, Expensify Team, Expensify Student Ambassador Posts: 359 Expensify Team

Hi @Monk, as ever in Expensify, you'll always be able to set the Transaction Start Date from Settings > Domains > [Domain Name] > Company Cards to avoid future duplicates. Again, we cannot give a timeline not because we're secretly holding it back, but because we simply don't have one and this all depends on how quick we can work with American Express to have this fixed. We are pushing very hard to get this fixed as soon as we can.

• Monk
    Monk Expensify Customer Posts: 14 Expensify Newcomer

Thanks for your response. Please note that does not appear to be how I see it in Expensify once the connection is initially created. Can you subsequently change a start date without deleting the card assignment.

• Matt Moore
    Matt Moore Expensify Customer, Expensify Success Coach - Admin, Expensify Team, Expensify Student Ambassador Posts: 132 Expensify Team

Hi @Monk, correct, you would need to Unassign the card before setting a new start date.

We're talking about the spreadsheet upload, here, right? If so, you can unassign the card and re-assign it with certainty that there won't be data loss, because the transactions are stored in the spreadsheet.

• Sara Jacobson
    Sara Jacobson Expensify Team, Expensify Student Ambassador Posts: 64 Expensify Team

Hi @billyhad

Please reach out to [email protected] so my team can add you to the issue and keep you updated on when this issue is fixed.

Thank you!

• rbhr
    rbhr Expensify Customer Posts: 1

Our Xero / Amex link also broke at the same time as Expensify / Amex did. The difference was that Xero had it fixed two days later.

It's the usual dribble from do nothing Expensify. The last time this happened in Australia, it was just Australia. At least this time it's a bigger problem which may lead it to be solved in under a year...

• ijf
    ijf Expensify Customer Posts: 7 Expensify Newcomer

Can anyone share an alternate expense reporting software for small business that is not having this issue.

• Zany Renney
    Zany Renney Approved! Accountant Posts: 171 Expensify Team

Hey @ijf

A fix has just been pushed out for AmEx Business Cards by our engineers, and it is working in most accounts.

Some accounts may take a bit more time to update and for the transactions to be visible in your account, so if it doesn't work immediately, please be patient and try again.

If this does not restore or fix the connection after a few tries, please use continue the  Personal Card CSV or Company Card CSV.

Thanks for your patience!

• creality
    creality Expensify Customer Posts: 1 Expensify Newcomer

Certify is priced similarly and hasn't had issues with AmEx connection. QBO had some issues, as did Xero - but fixed within a few days. Seems like issues could have originated on AmEx side, but other software providers seemed fairly unaffected (ie Hubdoc, Certify, Concur, AutoEntry, ReceiptBank...). I just tried to refresh the AmEx connections on Expensify for one company and it worked on first 3 employees, then it stopped working for the rest... 24 days since last update.

• K_SUT
    K_SUT Expensify Customer Posts: 8 Expensify Newcomer

I seriously do hope this is the case and that the fix applies to all accounts soon. So far I've seen no changes in the status but am keeping a close eye.

I need to express how frustrating Expensify / Concierge has been in this situation. This connection with Amex has been down for almost a month for our company and Expensify / Concierge has offered very little explanation nor offers of compensation. I just got out of a meeting with my Finance Director where we discussed the fact that since Expensify has chosen to provide as little detail as possible relating to this issue, with no light at the end of the tunnel as to when the problem will be resolved, we are considering other services for expense reporting. Please take note Expensify, your customers don't like to be left waiting in the dark.

• JMH
    JMH Expensify Customer Posts: 2 Expensify Newcomer

Where should I be looking for an update on this issue? Has this been resolved? I still cannot connect.

• ShelleyB17
    ShelleyB17 Expensify Customer Posts: 2 Expensify Newcomer

So my AMEX connection was working again - maybe for a week or so, and now is down again for most of my card holders. Strangely it is working for two cards, but down for the rest??? What is going on??

• Tara_AcctCC
    Tara_AcctCC Expensify Customer Posts: 1 Expensify Newcomer

Our Amex link is still not working. We have 50 sales reps out there using the heck out of their cards and the work arounds are terrible. If I wanted to used CSV imports I can do so from CSV right into NetSuite. I'm not sure if the problem stems from AMEX updating their website but they did warn that was coming for about a YEAR. Expensify suggested calling AMEX to get a certain file type or some kind of permission with the form Expensify offers on their help page. I spoke to several people and they have no clue what that form is or how it would help. If that form works than maybe Expensify should use it to get the show on the road. As i'm sure all of you know..... accounting is not typically overstaffed.... This has messed my life up. I really dislike Expensify. I would never ever recommend it to anyone.

• M_E
    M_E Expensify Customer Posts: 1

My AMEX connection has been down since July 1. I have 3 cards linked, 2 say they've updated within the last hour (on July 15), the 3rd card doesn't even tell me the last time it updated. I use Expensify primarily to record receipts and reconcile accounts. As Expensify has not worked the last two weeks, I currently have to reconcile manually - very frustrating.

• ONL
    ONL Expensify Customer Posts: 1

Reading through the above comments, the only possible conclusion is that Expensify has massively dropped the ball. How is it possible that they haven't fixed the AMEX link yet?

• Jason Li
    Jason Li Expensify Success Coach - Admin, Expensify Team, Expensify Student Ambassador Posts: 229 Expensify Team
    edited July 2020

Hi @M_E and @ONL - I'm sorry to hear about your experiences with this connection! Our engineers have recently rolled out a new American Express Business connection, which can be found by typing in "American" and scrolling down the list.

If you're using Business cards, then this should hopefully work for you! If not, I'd suggest asking American Express if your company qualifies for a commercial feed (otherwise known as a GL1025), as this will provide the most stable connection to Expensify.

• scott0720
    scott0720 Expensify Customer Posts: 1

This has been happening on and off. Last year around this same time, you all had the same issue. Concur isn't having this issue as I have friends that use their product and they aren't having this issue. I was actually working just fine until I changed my password. Then it quit working again. For some reason, if I change my password, I have to delete the card, then read it. Working for a software company, your software developers should be able to work with the kit that Amex provides to fix this sooner than that. If I had customers down this long due to a bug in my software, then id have people leaving....

• Michelle Niemi
    Michelle Niemi Expensify Team Posts: 104 Expensify Team

@scott0720 Thank you for our feedback and I apologize for any trouble. Our team has indeed released the  new American Express Business connection and it is working great! Please make sure you have attempted to link to the new connection or are using the GL1025.

• Flavia Faria
    Flavia Faria Expensify Team, Expensify Student Ambassador Posts: 39 Expensify Team

Still broken for Australia. 5 months now. Useless.

@msniper you're right, the new AMEX connection is for US Small Business accounts only. We still don't have a timeframe to fix broken AUS and UK AMEX connections.