Quickbooks side - detail on expenses

Options
SVBookkeeping
SVBookkeeping Approved! Accountant Posts: 3

How can I see what a total amount that is paid in quickbooks as a payable represents (detail on expenses to make that payable total)?

Tagged:

Answers

• Brigid  Bello
    Brigid Bello Expensify Team Posts: 77 Expensify Team
    Options

Hey @SVBookkeeping, I'd love to help you out with this! I'm not entirely sure that I understand what you're trying to view here. Would you mind outlining what you're hoping to see in a bit more detail? If you could include a few screenshots (being sure to omit any sensitive information) that would be super helpful. Thanks!

• SVBookkeeping
    SVBookkeeping Approved! Accountant Posts: 3
    Options

Hi there @Brigid Bello, So in QBO I'm seeing checks paid out to individuals for reimbursement with the detail and receipts attached to the check automatically created (I assume by Expensify) in QBO and going straight into the register. Then I have a payment labeled "bill.com payables" with a large amount to represent multiple checks paid from Expensify generated reports also going into QBO register. It is a complete puzzle trying to reconcile and eliminate duplicates. Mapping is clearly not set up right and I'm not sure:

1. how to properly map
    2. Reconcile February forward with the mess of duplicates

I would be far less frustrating if I could call Expensify and speak to someone who understands both sides of QBO and Expensify's product integration.

Thank you for any help with this integration issue

• Matt Moore
    Matt Moore Expensify Customer, Expensify Success Coach - Admin, Expensify Team, Expensify Student Ambassador Posts: 132 Expensify Team
    Options

Hi @SVBookkeeping, these Bill.com entries are coming from Bill.com rather than Expensify.

It sounds like the Bill.com connection was made before the QBO connection to your policy, and wasn't made through Expensify. If you connect the two programs to QBO in this way, duplicates will appear.

If you tried changing your Export type to Vendor Bills, then you could utilise a 3-way connection that would prevent duplicates.

Let me know if this sounds good, or if you have further questions!