Expensify.org/hunger SNAP campaign status
We’re no longer accepting new participants as our focus is on reimbursing existing claims. While we’re unable to provide a specific timeline on when your report will be reimbursed, we’re doing our best to drive donations and keep reimbursements moving forward. If you know anyone who can donate to this campaign please encourage them to enable Personal or Corporate Karma on their Expensify account.

We're currently experiencing issues with our American Express and Capital One connections. Please visit our status page for more details and to subscribe to updates.

Deep Dive: How does Pay-per-use billing work?

Rachael HopkinsRachael Hopkins Expensify Success Coach - Admin Posts: 655 Expensify Team
edited May 12 in Deep Dive Docs

Pay-per-use is a billing option for people who prefer to use Expensify every now and then. If you have expenses to manage for more than 6 out of 12 months, the optimal setup is an Annual Subscription.

On Pay-per-use you’ll pay only for your active users each month. That’s $18 per user for companies using the Expensify Card, and companies not using the Expensify Card will pay an additional Unbundling fee of $18 on top of this. If you have a Collect plan, that’s $10 + $10.

Active Users

An Active User is anyone who creates, submits, approves, reimburses or exports a report in Expensify, including Copilots and policy automation. If no one on your Group Policy uses Expensify in a given month, you will not be billed for that month.

We recommend this billing setup only for users who use Expensify for a few months per year.

Why do I have just a few Pay-per-use users on my Expensify bill as well as my subscription?

If you have an Annual Subscription, but you go above your set user count, we will charge you at the Pay-per-use rate for these ad-hoc users.

If you expect to have an increased number of users for more than 3 out of 12 months, the most cost-effective approach is to increase your Annual Subscription size.

Note on Billing Currencies - We also have billing available in GBP, AUD and NZD. You can see the rates from our Pricing page. 

Related Articles:

Tagged: