Transaction import from Wells Fargo paused. Please visit our status page for more details and to subscribe to updates.
How to: Connect Accelo to Expensify
Invoicing billable expenses and tracking the profitability of your projects has never been easier with the Expensify + Accelo integration! Connecting Expensify to Accelo gives you the ability to pull the details of expenses, which have been recorded in Expensify, into Accelo against the relevant project, ticket, or retainer.
- A consultant buys a flight linked to a project and will need to be reimbursed
- The consultant adds the expense details into Expensify
- The expense details are automatically pulled into Accelo (and exported from Expensify to Xero or QuickBooks Online) through the Expensify + Accelo integration
- The consultant can choose which project/client to apply the expense toward, directly to an invoice or deduct it from an existing retainer within Accelo
- Reporting on profit margins, cost of doing business, and forecasting cash-flow can be done from Accelo
Connecting Accelo with Expensify
You’ll need administrator access to Accelo and a Policy Admin role in Expensify. Once you've connected Expensify to Accelo, all Expensify users can automatically sync their expenses with Accelo.
To connect Expensify to Accelo, simply follow these steps:
- Open the Expensify Integration Server.
- Copy your Partner User ID and Partner User Secret. These are different from your normal Expensify username and password.
2a. If you haven’t set up the integration server previously, click here:
2b. If you have previously set up the integration server you’ll need to regenerate your Partner User Secret, by clicking “Click here” in the image below to regenerate your partnerUserSecret. If you currently use the Integration Server for another integration, this will change your account's Secret. In this case, you’ll need to update that integration to use the new Secret.
3. Now head back to your Accelo account, open your Integrations page, and select the Expensify tab:
4. Enter your Expensify Integration Server's Partner User ID and Partner User Secret, and click Save:
You're now connected!