Is it possible for the monthly billing/subscription invoice to not auto sync with Quickbooks?

LisaO
LisaO Expensify Customer Posts: 2

The monthly billing/subscription invoice sync's with Quickbooks automatically and adds as a bill in Quickbooks.

The invoice is paid via credit card, so this creates a duplicate charge in Quickbooks.

Is it possible to NOT have our monthly billing/subscription sync with Quickbooks?

Answers

• Stevie LaFortune
    Stevie LaFortune Expensify Team, Expensify Student Ambassador Posts: 240 Expensify Team

Hi @LisaO Here's what I recommend so your Expensify billing receipts will not be automatically exported to QuickBooks.

Create a new report exclusive only for Expensify billing receipt under the Reports page and click the New Report option found on the upper right corner of the page.

After that, rename it to "Expensify Billing Receipts" or whatever you want to name it and change the policy to Individual policy.

Please see the screenshot below for your reference.

Once done, create an Expense Rules for this receipt. Change the Reimbursable to "Non-reimbursable" and input "Expensify Billing Receipts" or the name of the report you created under Add to a report named option.

You can do this under Settings > Account > Expense Rules. To learn how to set up, take a look at this help doc.

Please see the screenshot for your reference.

Let me know if you have any other questions!

• LisaO
    LisaO Expensify Customer Posts: 2

Thank you. I also found in the settings to select credit card and have it post directly to that card so that I can match it in QBO. Thanks for the feedback.