Are you receiving SNAP/EBT benefits? The Expensify.org/SNAP-VAX campaign is live and accepting new members. Learn more about receiving $50 for submitting a SNAP receipt and $50 for getting your COVID-19 vaccine here and join today!

Expensify folder in Explorer

BS06090
BS06090 Expensify Customer Posts: 1
edited May 2020 in Ideas

In my opinion the easiest way to get expenses in the form of a document (pdf, jpg, etc.) into the correct Report would be to have a folder structure directly in Windows explorer or Mac Finder or Mobile devices very similar to how Dropbox is doing it.

I would have an Expensify folder in the Root directory and my Reports would be the subfolders and I can safe documents directly into that subfolder.

Or linking Expensify into Dropbox and have the Expensify Folder Structure in Dropbox would result in the same functionality.

0 votes

Understanding the Issue · Last Updated

Comments

• Jason Li
    Jason Li Expensify Success Coach - Admin, Expensify Team Posts: 211 Expensify Team

Hi @BS06090 - welcome to the Community! It sounds like you're attempting to upload .PDF's and .JPEG's to your Expensify account - is that correct?

If so, and your email address is associated with your Expensify account, you can simply forward those .PDF's and .JPEG's on your computer to [email protected].

If you're referring to adding these files as supporting pieces for your Report, you can simply add them as documents within the Report itself - all you need to do is click on the Report (on the Expensify website) and click on the paperclip icon.

• Rachael Hopkins
    Rachael Hopkins Expensify Success Coach - Admin Posts: 858 Expensify Team

Hi @BS06090 I'm going to be totally honest with you and say right up front that I don't envisage Expensify ever going down the track of a synced local folder.

We have had suggestions for Dropbox integrations in past and they have traditionally had very little interest.

I would certainly be interested to hear from other Expensify users on this front and we'll leave this suggestion open for a year.

(Also, don't forget to vote for your own Idea!)