Deep Dive: Using Expensify with ANZ Bank (New Zealand)

Rachael Hopkins
Rachael Hopkins Expensify Success Coach - Admin, Expensify Team, Expensify Student Ambassador Posts: 904 Expensify Team
edited August 2023 in Deep Dive Docs

If you're an ANZ Visa customer, you can have your credit card transactions pushing directly into Expensify - it's pretty flash! But once they're in there, you'll want to actually do stuff with them. This Deep Dive will take you from initial setup through training, to everyday tasks!

Why Expensify?

You weren't born to do expenses! From receipt scanning to reimbursement, Expensify automates every step of the expense reporting process.

Us kiwis, we adore our technology, and you and your team will love using the mobile app and web app to snap receipts, knock together reports, and get your expenses all sorted. You’ll gain efficiency, accuracy, and compliance with your expense claims. More than 48% of business owners want an easier way to reconcile expenses, so why not take this opportunity to save you time and reduce stress?

Specifically for ANZ business customers with an Expensify account, when you make a purchase with your ANZ credit card, the transaction will automatically flow into Expensify for automatic reconciliation with your expense. Go to your local cafe, wave your ANZ Visa, snap the receipt on the Expensify app while your flat white is artfully turned into a fern... by the time you get back to the office, it's done its thing! Sweet as.

How do I sign up to Expensify?

That’s easy! Go to www.use.expensify.com/anz to begin the sign-up process and follow the instructions to connect with Expensify and share your credit card transaction data. Check out this How-to guide for more detail on requesting your feed!

Once you have filled in the authority form with ANZ you can then complete the registration process and set up your account within Expensify.

Can you sharpen your pencil?

We sure can (just for you)! As ANZ’s preferred receipt tracking and expense management partner,  ANZ business customers receive:

• 50% Expensify discount for the first 12 months.
  • 15% Expensify discount after the first 12 months.
  • This offer applies to all new ANZ New Zealand business customers.

What happens before the end of the free trial?

We’ll let you how many days you have left. Towards the end of the free trial, you’ll be prompted for a payment card. After the free trial, you’ll get preferred pricing at 50% off the current rates for the first 12 months, which is automatically applied to your account. At the end of the initial 12 months, the ongoing discount of 15% off the current rates, will be applied automatically.

If you decide Expensify is not your cup of tea after the free trial period ends, you can cancel Expensify, otherwise your Policy just naturally rolls over into a paid policy.

Do I need to sign up for a specific period in order to receive the discount?

There is no obligation to sign up for a certain period to receive the discount. After your free trial, the 50% discount for the first 12 months, will be applied automatically to your account. After the initial 12 months, the 15% discount will also be applied automatically.

How do I get an ANZ credit card feed added to Expensify?

Click here to read the How-to on getting your feed set up!

What do I do with my credit card expenses once they are in Expensify?

Sounds like you need to get started with a few guides and also some training webinars!

I recommend you read these guides:

And watch these webinars - they're all recorded videos, so you can pause and repeat things in your own account. I recommend the first three on the list! And feel free to drop a line in to Concierge if you have questions!

Related Articles: