We've identified an issue with our commercial card automated, background data sync system. The system has temporarily been turned off while we investigate a fix. You can still manually update your expense data by using the Update button in your personal Account Settings > Credit Card Import section.
Updates will be posted to our status page as soon as we have more details. 

Check out the new Webinar category here! You'll find:

• Signs ups for future webinars

• Recordings of previous webinars

• Transcripts of previous webinar Q&A sessions

How do I stop auto report assignment.

I cannot figure out how to stop expensify/concierge from automatically assigning a reciept that I scan into a particular report. The auto report choice is never and I mean never correct, and I have to go back in one by one and correct the reports they get grouped in. Sometimes they get lost in reports from a year ago that are not remotely relevant. The absolute worst was when somehow concierge auto submission got turned on, and reports that were not done one day just were submitted randomly. Quite the ghost in the machine. Otherwise I do love expensify.

Thanks in advance!

Best Answers

Answers

• PDepuhlPDepuhl Posts: 4

Buried treasure. Thanks for pointing this out. I had the same issue, where Concierge would randomly pick incorrect reports (sometimes closed ones from last year) and burry expenses in them for me to go hunt for. No fun.

I just turned them off and am hoping this works from here on out…

• PDepuhlPDepuhl Posts: 4

I have BOTH of these turned off, nevertheless Expensify still randomly assigns expenses to expense reports. Sometimes. Not always, and never to the last report I've opened.

• Conor PendergrastConor Pendergrast Posts: 85 admin

Hey @PDepuhl Concierge will only add receipts to Open reports. Do you submit or close your reports once you're finished with them? That's the expected behaviour here.

Thanks!

• gregkeenegregkeene Posts: 1

I have the same problem. I do not have schedule submit turned on and it assigns them to a report. But what's worse is that with your 2018 update now I can't move (or can't figure out how) an expense from one report to another (at least not consistently). This is a huge issue because the exporting of a report is what defines which chart of account it's assigned to. So managed card expenses can't be with cash, etc. Please help.

• XofXof Posts: 1
    edited February 12

This is now happening to me, and it is pretty much breaking Expensify for me. When I drag a new receipt to the Expensify window, it either creates a new report and assigns the expense to it, or assigns it (at random, as far as I can tell) to an open report if there are any.

Neither of these is what I want. What I want is for it to be left unassigned so I can assign it later to a report of my choosing.

"Scheduled Submit" is turned off in both places.

This is new behavior; it was working properly as recently as two weeks ago.

• drhaazdrhaaz Posts: 12

Same thing happened here. It's enough of a nuisance I have to make sure our staff doesn't accidentally sign up for auto submit on their accounts. Now it's doing it on everyone's accounts regardless

• n8barbern8barber Posts: 2

I'm having this same issue. Scheduled submit is turned off EVERYWHERE. Still, new expenses are added to open expense reports. I have several open at a time, by necessity. I just want unassigned, new expenses to REMAIN UNASSIGNED and UNREPORTED so I can add them to the correct reports. Why is this so hard?

• MwalMwal Posts: 3

I've just come across this exact same problem and I also do not have auto-scheduler on. Sure, perhaps it only put's them in open reports, however, it is virtually never the correct report, almost as though it's choosing the report at random.

I agree with another comment here that this renders Expensify useless. I have to search for everything that I either photograph, scan, or forward, which alone takes hours. I'm also relying on Smart Scan to get everything completely accurate to find it with this search, so any minor error means that I'll never find it and it's stuck in an incorrect report which will be filed with errors down the road.

I hope this is just a glitch with a new update and will be fixed ASAP as I've advised everyone to stop adding new expenses effective immediately.

• DannyDDannyD Posts: 3
    edited February 26

Same: Scheduled submit is off but expenses still being auto-added to new reports. Please fix!

• KevinLKevinL Posts: 10

Hi Conor. When you mention expected behavior is to submit reports when an expense is added, it doesn’t match our company’s behavior. Our employees have several reports open during the month and submit them all at the beginning of the next month. My question is why do employees get the auto submit preference turned on even if I’ve turned it off for the entire domain? Do I have to tell each new user to go into preferences to turn it off when they open an Expensify account?

• mmain19mmain19 Posts: 1

Same issue here. I have Scheduled Submit turned off (I mean, who doesn't want to review their report before it gets blindly sent in??) and when I upload a receipt it is auto assigned to the worst possible report. I have to Private Eye it and figured out which receipts are now in the wrong report and move them. It makes so much more sense for it to not be assigned to any report. Then I filter by "unreported", check all that apply and move them to the correct report.

• RachCHopkinsRachCHopkins Posts: 307 admin

Hi @mmain19 Welcome to the Expensify Community! This is because Scheduled Submit is turned on on your default Policy.

You can either change your Default Policy to be '(none)' or you can speak to your Policy Admin about this setting. :)